Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips

I think my car is probably loud enough (from the exhaust anyway- definately gonna take out my air silencer, maybe some different hood insulation). don't want to attract too much attention I live within two blocks of the police station. I want to lower the pitch a bit. I understand the best way to do this is with some tips, they give mass and resonate a bit. But I can't find any I like (that fit) at autozone. My exhaust is stock looking (I'm not the original owner so...) at about 2.75 inches and the end curls downward (could cut off the curl but I'd rather not).

Anyone got any they'd recommend based on sound and appearance and where to buy it?

thanks

Re: Tips

look through ebay

87 Firebird RIP
    96 Camaro RS RIP
    94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
    02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

probably put this in the wrong forum. too many windows open. Oh well it works here too.

Comment

How about this?
        found on ebay

Was thinking it might look good on my black bird, but might have to trim my rolled pipe to make it fit.

Comment

those look stupid

87 Firebird RIP
          96 Camaro RS RIP
          02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

hahaha
            I kinda like it. You're just miffed cause its not chrome. powdercoat will still probably end up fairly shiny

I'm mostly concerned that its kinda expensive when you add shipping.

Comment

4" outlet seems kind of big, IMO. Reminds me of the days in high school when we'd shove Route 44 cups up ricers' oversized tips.

I'm sure you can find something better and more suitable for an F-body. Truck/SUV tips tend to be a little big for our cars. Just keep searching.
              '99 Camaro
              '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
              '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

oh whoops
                yeh I linked the wrong one.

But what about the length, I'm not sure I want to put anything on there shorter than, say, six inches. I think tips look retarded if you can see the ugly pipe sticking out from behind. Also if there shorter than 4 inches you won't be able to see them (a good thing in SilverRS96's opinion haha)

Comment

i have 3.5 on mine and they r huge....but on birds i like dual dual tips

87 Firebird RIP
                  96 Camaro RS RIP
                  02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

agreed man, dual duals in my opinion look the best. but its your car so do what you like. i think those would look good...but 4" is too large of a diameter in my opinion. please dont get anything ricey....and 4" tailpipes is pushin it. heres a pic of the rear of my car with stainless steal rolled 3" dual duals, just to give you an idea. hope you find something you like
                    Last edited by 99BlackW68; 03-11-2008, 11:20 PM.

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

Very nice.

I don't actually plan to get something that rediculous, yeh I've seen those on all those kids hondas-its nuts.

I'll probably go dual if/when I put in a catback, but right now, just trying to keep the sooty old stock one from embarrassing me.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X