Camaros/Firebirds with Sunroofs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camaros/Firebirds with Sunroofs?

Well ik my camaro history pretty well, but i was having an interesting conversation with a friend of mine who has a mustang, and i saw a newer mustang, 99-04 mustang with a sunroof today, ive never seen a mustang with a sunroof and my friend told me it was quite a rare sight. so i thought to myself, did they ever offer a sunroof on the camaro or firebird? Ik you could either buy hardtop, ttops which i have and are awesome, or convertible. Anyone ever seen a FBody or have one with a sunroof?
    Thanks guys
    Robby
    2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 V6

|JET Chip|Flowmaster American Thunder|K&N Intake|BMR STB|Spohn Rear Sway Bar|

http://speed-bros.com/
    sigpic

Re: Camaros/Firebirds with Sunroofs?

I suppose there might've been one in the 70's line, I don't recall ever seeing one in the 80's/90's/00's lines.

Comment

yea id be anxious tho to see if anyones done it custom to a more recent fbody
      Robby
      2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 V6

|JET Chip|Flowmaster American Thunder|K&N Intake|BMR STB|Spohn Rear Sway Bar|

http://speed-bros.com/
      sigpic

Comment

I remember seeing something like this a couple years ago. It was obviously a custom-done sunroof on an early 4th gen. Not a typical moonroof or anything like that, only the glass type that could have the front pushed up/down and slid back some. Looked like @ss IMO. Probably cost a lot and I'm sure ruined the car's structural integrity. Haven't seen anything offered from the factory, but ya never know.
        '99 Camaro
        '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
        '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

3rd gens had sunroofs for like 2 years if I recall correctly.

Comment

When I was looking for Firebirds a couple years ago, I came across a 2000 Firebird with a sunroof. Don't know if it came from the factory like that or not.

Comment

This guy has a bunch of pics of his:
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2369245

It definitely wasn't a stock option. Only way to have a sunroof on a 4th gen was to have an aftermarket installation. Not sure about the 3rd gens though.
              <b>1995 Pontiac Firebird</b> || 3.4L V6

Comment

id rather have t tops, probably around the same amout of work to put in.

Comment

Originally posted by niik000 View Post
                  id rather have t tops, probably around the same amout of work to put in.
                  and it wouldn't ruin the car.

Comment

The sunroof on that firebird looks aweful. A few years ago I was looking on ebay and came across a '95 or '96 Trans Am. It had a sunroof on it but it stretched the entire width across the top and was about 15"-18" wide, kind of reminded me of the sunroofs that came on some Fieros. It looks alright, but I think alot of it had to do with that it was black. The listing said it was a custom job, so I don't think the factory ever offered it as a option at least for 4th gens.

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdPhil View Post
                      3rd gens had sunroofs for like 2 years if I recall correctly.
                      Your right my dad had a white 90 Camaro with a Sun roof.

Comment

christ. theres a reason why 4th gens didnt get them. the bar down the middle of the roof (space in between the ttops) is there for a reason.

the words structual integrity come to mind.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                        Or this

Comment

Originally posted by RPDRed6 View Post
                          Well ik my camaro history pretty well, but i was having an interesting conversation with a friend of mine who has a mustang, and i saw a newer mustang, 99-04 mustang with a sunroof today, ive never seen a mustang with a sunroof and my friend told me it was quite a rare sight. so i thought to myself, did they ever offer a sunroof on the camaro or firebird? Ik you could either buy hardtop, ttops which i have and are awesome, or convertible. Anyone ever seen a FBody or have one with a sunroof?
                          Thanks guys
                          I also saw a new edge stang a few weeks ago that had a sunroof and was surprised also. It was a "limited" mustang and it looked pretty nice.
                          Originally posted by kala
                          I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
                          parting her out

Comment

Originally posted by Pantera View Post
                            Your right my dad had a white 90 Camaro with a Sun roof.
                            Someone installed it aftermarket. No thirdgens came with a sunroof option.
                            <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X