Carpet Dye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpet Dye

i've read a thread lately about someone dying their carpet with some kind of carpet dye. I have a camaro with red and grayish seats, and i'd love to dye the seats and door panel accents black, cuz the red is beginning to fade. Where can i learn more about this carpet dye, would it even work on the seats, and is it really pricey?

Re: Carpet Dye

idk if u know this but really do ur research on how to do this and do all ur prep work and take your time...i wouldnt recommend doin it if u have no clue wat to do...i did and my interiors ****ed, now im replacing panels just to get it back...after all that time and money i just prefer the stock look....just thought i should warn ya

Comment

http://www.dealergoodies.com/page300a.html

A bit down on the page there is some spray dyes. I'd look around more, research how to and what's the best materials. I understand Automagic (^) is the brand used in the thread you mentioned.
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

yea, i do believe Automagic was the product mentioned. I've actually worked with carpet dye a little in the past, but i no longer communicate with the person that i was involved with when i did this, so i pretty much gotta refresh myself on all of it...never found out brands or anything, jus had a lil experience with it...thanx for the help thou, guys

Comment

I used a black dye for my door panels....looked great, but wasn't as soft as it used to be...not a problem for the door panels, but dunno if I'd use it on the seats.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
          05' CTS-V
          00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2967627/2

This is what i did with my red.

Wrapped the red cloth on the doors with some Fabric and stapled it on. Re-attached it and then bought some seat covers.

Comment

i'm thinking a liquid dye would work better than a spray dye. seems like the liquid would soak into the carpet and stay soft. theres a black liquid dye on ebay. big gallon of it.

Comment

dont use it one the seats.... it fades... it transfer to your clothes... i learned the hardway...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the Minivan... Torque is how far you take the Minivan with you... :wavey:

Originally posted by Firehawk N Wv
                Mine were rusted also and the I had to cut my nuts off .

Comment

Originally posted by Byrd14 View Post
                  dont use it one the seats.... it fades... it transfer to your clothes... i learned the hardway...
                  That'd make me laugh, not really because that would suck to have black spots on your clothes. I tried to tell him to get some seat covers a while back.

Comment

I would go talk to a person that actually does this to fabrics. they may tell you what you need. Also, if you wash the fabs before putting them back on the seats... (more than once) you shouldnt have any dye transfer to your clothing. Grandfather used to dye leather.. after a few washes it was perm..
                    MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
                    http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Comment

Originally posted by IwannaCamarosoBad View Post
                      That'd make me laugh, not really because that would suck to have black spots on your clothes. I tried to tell him to get some seat covers a while back.
                      lol you dont have to worry about it, your interior is pristine...i kinda like the idea of wrapping some fabric around the door panel sections...hmm...

Comment

lol... yeah.. problem was... it was red and black.... :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit the Minivan... Torque is how far you take the Minivan with you... :wavey:

Originally posted by Firehawk N Wv
                        Mine were rusted also and the I had to cut my nuts off .

Comment

Originally posted by Byrd14 View Post
                          lol... yeah.. problem was... it was red and black.... :(
                          His is that right now. lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X