VHT nite shade write-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VHT nite shade write-up?

I've looked everywhere, yesterday i saw a write-up on how to use VHT nite shade on tail lights. .. .. it slipped my mind where i saw it @. If anyone has a link to a write on how to nite shade my camaro tail lights that would be great.

thanks in advance!

Re: VHT nite shade write-up?

it's in the how to section on this forum. do light coats, i did heavy coats bacause youcant see the paint bacause it's translucent, and it driped, so i had to take it off and start over. the first coat should almost look lkike clear coat, and the second should loook a little darker. then you can do a heavy coat to make the lights black. just my 2 cents.

edit: it's not on the how to it's right here:
    http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=65580
    Last edited by niik000; 03-19-2008, 09:47 PM.

Comment

o and what makes a huge difference is after you wait a few days, give the lights rubbing compound and polishing compound and wax. IDK what kind of clear to use, duplicolor acrilic laquor showed up wight so dont use that one.

Comment

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=877823
        google FTW

Comment

yeah, a guy who went by "saint" on some forums, NOIR something on other forums wrote one.
          if that ls1tech link is to his, it has everything you need!

edit: thats not it, and the search function on ls1tech is down. i'll see if i can find it elsewhere.
          Last edited by stevethepirate; 03-20-2008, 01:50 AM.
          2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
          2006 S60- Sold
          2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Best advise I can recommend is to take your time. If you rush it, it will look like crap. Do light coats. I like to use the term "just hair spray it." Especially for the first couple of coats. After about 3 light coats, you can start going a little heavier. Once your to the point to where you like it. Stop, and let it sit for at least an hour. I would probably go as far as to say maybe an hour and a half. After that, you can start to spray the clear coat. I highly recommend Duplicolor Acrylic Enamel clear. You can pick it up at any auto parts store. Works great. For the first coat, go even lighter than you did the first coat of nightshades. The trick to clear coating is to make sure the paint has already dried for at least an hour, and to then start spraying very light coats of clear at a time. After about 3 "hairspray" coats, you can move up to a little heavier coats. I just did my turn signals recently, and got GREAT results by taking these steps.

<b>1995 Pontiac Firebird</b> || 3.4L V6

Comment

finally found it...
              http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...72#post4195272
              2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
              2006 S60- Sold
              2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

I have a lot of trouble with that clear coat, it tends to show up hazy and wight, I might have just gone to heavy with the coats.

Comment

Originally posted by niik000 View Post
                  I have a lot of trouble with that clear coat, it tends to show up hazy and wight, I might have just gone to heavy with the coats.
                  white? or wight? you said it twice, im confused.

Comment

Originally posted by t-topV6 View Post
                    Good lookin' out, i swear i googled it. .. .. i swear LOL

thats the exact post i was looking for!

Comment

light coats of vht turned out crappy for me. The best results I got were with 3 moderate coatings. And I found Krylon Crystal Clear gloss gave the best clear coat finish. It doesn't make it hazy or white. Just give a coat so till it looks wet. Then follow up with a couple more.

Comment

i decided to do this last weekend, and since nobody around here sold vht, i heard that model car window tint works the same so i picked some up. did light coats over time till it was where i wanted it, 3 coats of clear. super happy and super easy.

Comment

what IS model car window tint? spray? or a film? interesting...
                          #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

its a spray, just like vht. i have not used vht, but my buddy used it on his car, did like 3 coats and its like black. i did like 8 coats of model car tint and its not near as dark so thats problably the only difference.

Comment

has anyone used window tint film?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X