New idea, how do you think it would look. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New idea, how do you think it would look.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New idea, how do you think it would look.

Im considering buying a new transam/firehawk/formula. I want to get it painted when i buy it to SOM. I was going to go with the som/black theme. How do you think it would look if i got a black car to start with then got it painted som, but left the door jambs/inside part of the door and engine bay black? would it looks stupid or would it look kind of cool...

thoughts?

Just adding the extra visual: The interior would be pretty much all black, so the inside parts of the door will match when opened... i dno, just thinking about it.

Re: New idea, how do you think it would look.

i think itd look kinda funny, but it might not be too bad.
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

I was just thinking as long as everything else inside is black, and then black rims and tint, it will match pretty good. along with blacked out corners and tails. It will almost look like the whole door is part of the interior. i dont know, i kind of like it, haha, i like being different.

Comment

so u wanna paint it on a tight budget? lol

i dont think itll look too bad but it has to be black

o and dont hack up a firehawk

Comment

i think it would look pretty good but x2 on it has to be black
          1996 Silver Camaro RS, A4, K&N CAI, Flowtech exhaust, !MAF screen.

http://www.fquick.com/96silverbullet

Comment

What do you mean it has to be black? The original color? Yea thats what I meant.

Its not a budget thing, even if its a joke, if it is, I just think it might be kind of cool.

But yea, originally black. Get it painted SOM except for the engine bay and door jambs/door sils and stuff.

Comment

Thats funny you posted this. I was thinking about the same exact thing the other day. I'm not too sure how it would look. Why don't you give it a shot and give us some pictures. Then we can enjoy how good it looks or flame you for doing it and making it look like crap.
              -Travis-<br /><br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro-stock<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509</a>

Comment

Haha, thanks. Well, either way, its not gonna happen for a while. I need to save up for all of this first.

Comment

It sounds like it would be cool, but a lot of people would assume you didn't leave the door jams black on pouropus and assume you were being cheep. You have to think of a way to make it look intentonal, maby a facy door sill or some kind of painted on door jam emblum, just so people know you ment to have black door jams. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

I get what your saying. Maybe have like a small SOM bird in there or something, or maybe even a stripe or something. good thought.

Comment

I think it was Viper that had black door jams on his yellow camaro. I thought it really looked nice. As long as the line between the body color and the black is crisp, it should look intentional, and I think it would look nice. The engine bay would definitely look nice.
                      sigpic
                      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

if you buy a firehawk, then repaint it a different color, you'd be an idiot. those cars are worth a good bit more than any other fbod for a reason, dont mess with the appearance of one, not even rims.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                        Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
                          if you buy a firehawk, then repaint it a different color, you'd be an idiot. those cars are worth a good bit more than any other fbod for a reason, dont mess with the appearance of one, not even rims.
                          x2...dont mess with a firehawks paint...nothing. someone should try it on photoshop and see if they can make anything of it...I am curious but i think it'll look like the halloween-mobile or something...black with orange accents would be original though.
                          #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

Originally posted by cantrip View Post
                            I get what your saying. Maybe have like a small SOM bird in there or something, or maybe even a stripe or something. good thought.

Yah a bird or a stripe the same color as your exterior would be cool. Maby paint the door sill to match the exterior too(as long as no one steps on it)

But I don't know anything about fire hawks, that's just stuff I would do to my $3000 camaro.
                            Last edited by niik000; 03-23-2008, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X