Project?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project?

Was looking at the old IROC camaro hoods and the mecham hood designs (cool but expensive) and thinking I'd like some hood vents. Not sure how or if I'd want to. Hopefully it'd look tight and have some element of functionality, remove heat, better airflow, or whatever.

Just looking for ideas. My fiberglassing skills are so-so, and if I was going to go that route I'd do it myself and have a bodyshop paint it. Alternatively I could just cut some big ol' holes in the hood and find/make a vent cover for it.

anyone wanna do a photochop?

Re: Project?

I really like the vents on the Saturn Sky so I used that for my inspiration.

Comment

I dont know about the car being on fire, but I would find someone with a photoshop program before you tackle it. have them photo it in and see what it looks like from there, because once you place it, its there unless you have the extra $ to take it off and re stock it.
      Archer
      MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
      http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Comment

Originally posted by Archer View Post
        I dont know about the car being on fire, but I would find someone with a photoshop program before you tackle it.
        Do you like what I was going for? The fire was just for fun.

The Sky has some attractive vents.

Comment

lol I already did a mockup in ms paint. but thanks! not sure i want my car on fire...Thats a pretty sexy saturn, and I dont think Ive ever said that before. like the long skinny vents, also looking at round and rectangular. I need more ideas! should the vent leaves toward or away from the front of the car?

Comment

If your looking for heat extraction the vent opening should be facing the windshield. Suction from air passing over the vent will draw out air from the engine compartment.

Comment

Originally posted by delusions of grandeur View Post
              If your looking for heat extraction the vent opening should be facing the windshield. Suction from air passing over the vent will draw out air from the engine compartment.
              thats what I was thinking, since its really impossible to "ram" air downwards into the bay, except with a massive scoop and...ugly.

Comment

well theres always the firehawk hood that has the little vents on the sides

87 Firebird RIP
                96 Camaro RS RIP
                94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
                02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

yeh I like those. I wonder what they're suppose to be ventig? Aren't they right over the engine struts?

Comment

i think heat extraction. Since they are facin the other direction

87 Firebird RIP
                    96 Camaro RS RIP
                    94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
                    02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Could do a functional ram air which would put alot more air into the engine compartment theoretically cooling it.
                      Y87 Package
                      MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
                      Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
                      BONE APPROVED!
                      VANBIBBER APPROVED!
                      KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
                      Team Black...TEAM EMO
                      sigpic
                      Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment