fog light bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fog light bulbs

well i did some research around the forums and i cant find exactly what i want to know.

i have a 02 cam and i wanna replace my fogs with super white bulbs. i bought the silverstars for my lows and i want fog lights to color match them. any ideas and what bulb is it. i searched ebay and i keep finding 881 bulbs for 98-02 camaro fog bulbs but i thought it was 884, which is it?

Re: fog light bulbs

I assume you mean you thought it was 894? There is a lot of interchangeability within light bulbs, and it appears that 880, 881, 893, and 894 have the same base. I couldn't tell you what the exact differences are, but it could be wattage or current. The Sylvania site lists the fog lights as 894, as well as our technical database, so go with that. But even auctions on ebay list multiple bulb numbers when you type "884 bulb."
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
      I assume you mean you thought it was 894? There is a lot of interchangeability within light bulbs, and it appears that 880, 881, 893, and 894 have the same base. I couldn't tell you what the exact differences are, but it could be wattage or current. The Sylvania site lists the fog lights as 894, as well as our technical database, so go with that. But even auctions on ebay list multiple bulb numbers when you type "884 bulb."
      thats basically the only difference

i had a spare turnsignal bulb laying around and i put it in my brake light

its a TINY bit brighter, but im not too worried about it

Comment

If you are looking for the Sylvania Silverstar Fog Lights bulbs you're gonna be S.O.L. I bought the Silverstars for my headlights and love them high and low beams, but they do not make the fog light bulbs with the number 894.

Comment

i know but i need something thats not yellow maybe white or bluish

Comment

sorry for the hijack but my fog light bulb is out on my 95 does anybody know what the bulb # is or how hard it is to do?

Comment

885, go at it from underneath. It's not the easiest thing to do, but certainly doable.

To the OP: yes, just type in 894 bulb in ebay. There are tons of white/bluish bulbs for sale. Much more than standard halogens.
              sigpic
              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
              1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

thank you TheGr8Schlotzky!!! and sorry klyerrobison for the hijack again

Comment

so just to clarify for my 2002 it is 984. its not that easy and it will cost a lil more (around 15-25$)?

Comment

Originally posted by kylerobison View Post
                    so just to clarify for my 2002 it is 984. its not that easy and it will cost a lil more (around 15-25$)?
                    894 bro...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X