My 94' Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 94' Window

The window on the drivers Side is kinda tilted inward toward the front of the door next to the mirror. I took the inner panel off and tried to fix it but I don't know what to do. The window is power and also the door handle is starting to come off....does anybody know a simple way to fix these things?

Re: My 94' Window

http://shbox.com/1/adj_window.html

Adding this to the appearance how to section as well.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

omg...this is gonna help me aloooot. my driver's window has been deathly loose ever since i had to re-seal the edge of the door...

Comment

If it's "loose" there may be a problem with the window track. There is a pivot joint that connects the window frame to the window track, it seems to be relatively common that the rivet holding the pivot to the window track will "slip" out, causing the window to be very loose. It requires removing the tracking pivot and tapping a new hole to add a bolt.. I had to do it on my drivers side, let me know if you need any more information.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

i'm gonna guess the "tracking pivot" you speak of is that lil ball shaped thingy that rides along in the track, mounted at the bottom corner of the window...if so, that's exactly my problem, now that i think of it...when we had my panel off puttin my door back together, i noticed that little ball seemed to have broken off, and someone tack welded it back on...very crooked. as a result, the window moved in and out of the track very freely when going up and down, until we got some pressure back onto the window w/ the door. it's still very loose, and there's a lot of movement inboard and outboard. also, when i roll it up it goes noticeable further up that the passenger window, and theres a buttload of space between the window and the rearward seal, it also doesnt butt up under the t-top seal and top lip of the rearward seal, but instead, up against them...it's just terribly out of line...i was told the window would have to come out so it could be pulled off and welded back on straight...
          Last edited by 95astrovan; 05-28-2008, 02:30 AM.

Comment

That could be true, but some adjustments should help you out in the least. Go at it with the tutorial posted and see how things turn out.
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Thanx for everything fellas ima check it out and tell you what I come up with

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X