Junk yard parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junk yard parts

I just bought a 95 camaro with some front end damage, i was wondering how hard it is to find replacement parts and if anyone has went the junkyard route for door hinges and other small parts. Are these hard to find in a junkyard? How pricey are things gonna get on me?

Re: Junk yard parts

The availability of the parts in a junkyard depend entirely on your location.. If you see tons of f-bodies driving around, chances are there is a selection in the boneyard. Better chances for a bigger city. As for price, that also depends on the junkyard you go to, as well as your location. As for price, if you call in and ask about the items you need, they should be able to give you a good ballpark estimate.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

dude just take a trip to a few junk yard. prices vary depending on where u go u can prolly get like door hinges for like 15-30$ a pair and hood usually pretty chepa and bumpers to

Comment

Yeah i was just wondering ball park, i will be going to some saturday in St louis area, ill let u know how it goes

Comment

car-part.com

the search kinda sucks but its helpful
          it will give something to start with

Comment

I'm about to buy a 98 parts camaro :D Maybe we can work something out

Comment

Probably not in your area, but a good selection of various parts.

http://stores.ebay.com/Brocks-Camaro...QQsofpZ0QQtZkm

Also, I was just in a salvage yard last Friday and found a lot of small things that they normally wouldn't part out. It all just depends on what you're looking for and where you're looking.
              '99 Camaro
              '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
              '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by pace2006 View Post
                Probably not in your area, but a good selection of various parts.

http://stores.ebay.com/Brocks-Camaro...QQsofpZ0QQtZkm

Also, I was just in a salvage yard last Friday and found a lot of small things that they normally wouldn't part out. It all just depends on what you're looking for and where you're looking.
                Oooo... SC. Wonder if that's close enough for me to grab a Z-28 rear.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X