painting stock wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: painting stock wheels

You should wait between 3 and 4 hours between base and clear. If you miss that window, you should wait 12-24 hours.

I apologize for not being more clear about that. But that could very well be your problem. Does the paint look veiny? Like the clear coat is lifting?
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

o ok, no its alright its good to know now haha, but no actually they look pretty good i have the pictures over on fquick, the thing is its just not glossy and idk if its cause of the paint i used? (black metallic) would it help if i wetsanded with 1000 grit and tried painting it again? i dont mean to keep bugging u about this but im at a loss and i have a car show comming this saturday so i want to get it right : (

Comment

Did you use any clear coat? Wetsanding with a fine grit will help it look smoother.
        Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Yes, you can sand it down with 1000 grit and put a coat or two more of clear now that it has been a couple days. Just keep the sand paper very wet at all times.
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
            Yes, you can sand it down with 1000 grit and put a coat or two more of clear now that it has been a couple days. Just keep the sand paper very wet at all times.

after i wetsand with the 1000 JUST apply clear coat or should i add another coat of black then do the coat of clear coat?

Comment

Comment

Busy day yesterday.

Sand it so there are no low spots (shiny spots) and it's completely smooth to the touch. With 4 coats of clear, you shouldn't sand through it. If the water you are wet sanding with turns black, you've hit base. Let the paper do the cutting, don't press too hard. If you don't hit base (which you shouldn't) Just apply clear. A few more coats will do the job.
                sigpic
                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X