Painting Rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting Rims

OK went to start today and didnt think about the fact I had the car cleaned yesterday. Tape wont stick to tires that have been sprayed with the wet look crap lol. So I guess Ill be driving around with some sanded rims for a few days cuz it wont wash off hehe

Re: Painting Rims

Dawn and water should take it off with a little scrubbing with a brush.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I tried a automotive degreaser and its not touching the stuff lol

Comment

Chances are you'll be best off starting with an old towel, and wiping the tires as clean as you can to remove most of the oil. Bleche-wite should do the trick as well as dawn after most of it is wiped off. Paint thinner is another one to consider, though I don't think I'd use it on the tires, only the wheels.
        Last edited by TheGr8Schlotzky; 06-10-2008, 05:17 PM.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

if any of that stuff got on the wheels you need to scrub the crap out of them. pretty much all tire shine products are silicone based, paint sticks to it just as well as the tape does ;)

id get some of that purple power degreaser and spray it on straight, use a good scrub brush, and make sure to wear gloves. then clean the wheels with diluted purple power degreaser and comet or ajax with a scotch brite pad and some elbow grease. that should clean em enough to where you dont have to worry about delamination issues.
          foggy headlights? wetsand... buff... WAX!!!
          if nissan motorsports is nismo does that mean honda motorsports is homo?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
            Good to see the site is back up
            by 2.8 Bird
            So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
            3 days ago
          • FirebirdGT
            New Site Hosting Issues
            by FirebirdGT
            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
            2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X