X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tire size

will 17x10.5 rims fit on a 2000 firebird

Re: tire size

depends on the tire, if you run 315s it will take a bit of modification in the rear wheel well including some rolling of the fender and bump stop. They would rub terribly in the front, I'm not sure you could run 10.5 in the front. What size tire were you looking at?
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

i just started looking for rims and tires and i really dont no much about it. i was looking to put the torque thrust rims on it was 17x9 in front and 17x10.5 in the rear.. but tire size i have no idea w/e comes with the rims

Comment

I personally like a 245/45 tire on a 8.5" rim on the front and a 275/40 tire on a 9.5" rim on the rear.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

do u think i should offset the front and back or just go the same size allround

Comment

smaller tires on front are normally how it goes. smaller tire up front = less power lost to friction

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

Originally posted by 99BlackW68 View Post
              smaller tires on front are normally how it goes. smaller tire up front = less power lost to friction
              good thing i run 215's :P id hate to think of the cuss words my car would yell at me if i tried to run a 17x10.5 w/ a 315 lol

Comment

I need new tires when I can afford them. Thinkin I need some big A back tires....

Comment

Most people go 17 X 9.5 for front with a 275/40/17 and if they want the huge rear tire a 17 X 11 with a 315/40/17 rear with some hammering. Or you could do the 17X 9.5 rear with a 285/40/17 or a 295/40/17 both will fit on a 9.5" wheel width. But the most I would run up front is the 275/40/17. I like the 275/40/17's all the way around. I like the look and also like to be able to rotate them. I currently run BFG G-Force sports.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X