Stupid Grill Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Grill Question

Ok.. I for some reason cannot get the stock grill off of my 98 camaro. It came right off on the 02 camaro but for some reason it's like it's mounted differently with different clips or somethin.. I dunno it's just not coming off. Is this something I'm gonna have to take the whole front cover off to do or is there a stupid trick to doing this that I'm just not realizing.

TEAM C6V6

Re: Stupid Grill Question

To get mine off, I just give it a good pull and it snaps out.
    -Travis-<br /><br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro-stock<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509</a>

Comment

I did the same thing as said above.
      But I'm pretty sure you knew that.

Next step would be to take off the front clip.

Comment

Pull harder? lol. If you don't care about breaking the clips, just pull the hell out of it. Seems that a lot of people have had a heck of a time getting it off, but if you pull enough it will eventually come off. I'm not sure exactly how the clips are set up, would you be able to put a screw driver in there to help release them?
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
          Pull harder? lol. If you don't care about breaking the clips, just pull the hell out of it. Seems that a lot of people have had a heck of a time getting it off, but if you pull enough it will eventually come off. I'm not sure exactly how the clips are set up, would you be able to put a screw driver in there to help release them?
          I was pullin so hard earlier I was scared of cracking or splintering the paint on the front cover. I suppose I'll figure somethin out. Is that front cover hard to take off anyways? I want to cut out some foam and some of the metal bumper to allow more air to the rad anyways. How I mounted the intercooler, it covers up all of the area air normally gets to the radiator.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Yeah, I cut that foam also, gives a hole right to the radiator.

Comment

I used a pry bar to get behind it and pull it off when I pulled that ugly grill w/the license plat mount on it off.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X