CCFL Halos: Install and first impressions - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCFL Halos: Install and first impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCFL Halos: Install and first impressions

Originally posted by 02CAMAROV6 View Post
    Haha, hey Blizzard....I forget, did yours fit just fine, or did you have to make adjustments?? Is all of your rubber trim tucked under, or is some still sticking out like mine? Hey, thanks for putting up pics before, they are the factor that made me purchase mine. As far as the wiring write-up, it was very informative, but I really like having mine on a switch.
    That's the same exact switch I have for my gauges. Did you notice if you turn just the halos on you have a ton of light too? Honestly, I didn't take apart the headlights like you did.. just wiggled em in all together, yeah it was tough but possible. And all the trim is tucked in how it should be. No spacers btw.
    Last edited by Blizzard242; 07-01-2008, 06:02 PM.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

I didn't even realize that about the switch. You are lucky that yours fit right the first time. And yes, the halos and LEDs throw off a lot of light...and the color or them is awesome. I turned just the halos on in my dark garage and they lit it up a really cool blue.
      2002 Camaro A4<br />K&N FIPK<br />Ravin exhaust<br />15.64 @ 90.11 MPH<br /><br />_ _ ___________________ _ _ <br />2004 Quicksilver/Black GTO M6<br />Stock except !CAGS

Comment

I didn't even realize that about the switch. You are lucky that yours fit right the first time. And yes, the halos and LEDs throw off a lot of light...and the color or them is awesome. I turned just the halos on in my dark garage and they lit it up a really cool blue.
        Yeah probably didn't realize the switch because I might have only one pic on fquick.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

you can fit HID's in those projectors,i have 6000k and love them.my damn halos not working on my driver side just my leds,anyone have any suggestions

Comment

I was told on LS1tech that you can fit HIDs in those projectors but you need the H3 HID bulbs. I got some Dual halos and H3 HIDs sitting here but haven't really messed with them yet.
            Check out my cardomain site!<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/99pewterv6\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Comment

Ah your rubber lining doesn't fit because of the spacers. I do have a little gap at the bottom of the tail lights but it's barely anything and the only person who notices is me. I'd rather have the rubber tucked in and a little gap that only I notice rather than those sides sticking out like that.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

looks niiiice. now are the halos actually bright? hard to tell if they are in the pics...by buddy just got his ccfl halos for his jeep grand cherokee, and you cant see the halos durring the day...and another friend of mine has them on his accord, a 2006, and cant see them durring the day like in your pics...so let us know. thanks.
                #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

did these come with bulbs too?

or do they use the normal bulbs, or what?

im confused about all of this projector and HID stuff

Comment

Blizzard, the side gap was even worse before the spacer. I wish I could tuck the side all the way in, but it really seems impossible.

Unvmyrs, the halos are surprisingly bright. You can see them during the day no problem, and at night they throw off a substantial amount of light, but you still need the normal low beams.

cam98aro, the kit comes with all bulbs you need. It comes with the little H4 in my picture, as well as an H3 for the high beam, which is the same as the stock high beam bulb. They are the normal yellowish halogen lights. It also comes with the amber replacement bulbs for the corners. As far as HIDs, you would have to buy those separately.
                    2002 Camaro A4<br />K&N FIPK<br />Ravin exhaust<br />15.64 @ 90.11 MPH<br /><br />_ _ ___________________ _ _ <br />2004 Quicksilver/Black GTO M6<br />Stock except !CAGS

Comment

Blizzard, the side gap was even worse before the spacer. I wish I could tuck the side all the way in, but it really seems impossible.

Unvmyrs, the halos are surprisingly bright. You can see them during the day no problem, and at night they throw off a substantial amount of light, but you still need the normal low beams.

cam98aro, the kit comes with all bulbs you need. It comes with the little H4 in my picture, as well as an H3 for the high beam, which is the same as the stock high beam bulb. They are the normal yellowish halogen lights. It also comes with the amber replacement bulbs for the corners. As far as HIDs, you would have to buy those separately.
                      so regular bulbs in a projector style enclosure will make it brighter, or what?

and where did you buy this from (if ebay, what seller?) and how much did it cost.. did it come with everything you need?

Comment

Regular bulbs in a projector will not necessarily make it brighter, just more focused, and with a sharp cutoff at the top of the beam. It is still the normal yellowish halogen light, and actually the projector in this housing restricts more light than a normal stock housing. In order to get a brighter light, you need to get HIDs.

I bought it off eBay from the user ProExhaust. It cost $235 with shipping and it came with the headlights, blacked out turn signal corners, as well as blacked out rear side marker lights. If you want all of these lights, make sure you order the 6 piece kit, as some are only the headlights and the corners. Everything you need is included in the kit. If you want to do a very simple install, just wire the halos and LEDs up to your marker lights....Blizzard did a very good write-up in the electrical section.

WOO...100 POSTS IN ALMOST 3 YEARS!
                        Last edited by 02CAMAROV6; 07-03-2008, 03:32 PM.

Comment

i know this is an old thread and what not but im looking for a new set of headlight this winter and wondering how are they at night? I hate the stock healights while driving at night

Comment

Light out put is better than stock.
                            #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X