what can I use to fix my t top gap in the back - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what can I use to fix my t top gap in the back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what can I use to fix my t top gap in the back

Okay everyone here knows I just did the t top conversion but I have gap in the back about the size of 2 keys I have tried adjusting it but then I get a gap in the front so what I wanna do is just fix the back part with something just to fill the hole then sand it down. I need something that works quick and hardens fast. I tried using some of the black silicone stuff but when it dried it looked like crap there is a fiberglass kit at oreilly but I have never done anything like that before is it easy and will it work?

I took my car to a bodyshop seeing how much they would charge the guy quoted me 800$ I told him thats how much someone wanted to charge me to install the t top kit so he gets no business either 800$ is just to much to fill that little small area on both sides.

Fellow f body owners I need your help on what to use to fix this problem any links will most defintely help I wish I had pictures but I don't I must say the t tops came out great besides the gap in the back

Re: what can I use to fix my t top gap in the back

you shouldnt of cut off that much. I'd say just sand it straight and call it a day. Got a pic ?
    1997 Camaro LS1 RS
    1994 Camaro - Sold
    1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

I didn't thats the problem I cut from the dip cutting towards the car and it left a little of the existing hood on I thought I would need to sand it down but I guess I was wrong

Comment

can u take a pic. ? i really have no gap at all. I cut at the beginning of the dip closer to the windshield
        1997 Camaro LS1 RS
        1994 Camaro - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

okay from the looks of it I see some people put weatherstripping in that back area I knew I didn't cut to much off my roof here is the link I followed http://members.fortunecity.com/gripe...onversion.html

I even bought some universal weatherstripping but I can't figure how to get it to stay this is my only problem I am ready to show the car off but can't because of this small reason

Comment

I can take a picture with my camcorder but I don't know how to upload pictures

Comment

upload them to photobucket.com and post the links here
              1997 Camaro LS1 RS
              1994 Camaro - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

it must be something that Im doing wrong because I have been looking at everyones pictures and my cut was just like theirs plus I left more on so I know somethings is wrong I might try the fiberglass kit and just sand everything down so that it fits perfect

Comment

i wouldnt slap fiberglass on it just yet. Email me some pics and i will post them up tomorrow morning. v6rs97@aol.com
                  1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                  1994 Camaro - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Yeah, we'll need pictures to help you out. Is your trim piece still in tact on the windshield? And the sail panel as a whole lines up correctly to the rest of the car?
                    sigpic
                    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

i can take pics later. but i used bondo.

WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X