Replacing the carpet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing the carpet

It's been a long time coming but it's time to replace my carpet. Has anyone else done this? The reason I ask isn't because of how to remove the existing carpet. I've done that (had to in order to get the Dynomat put in) but the carpets are just too bad off. I've spilled Cokes, orange juice, etc all over them and it's turned into a sticky mess on the passenger side. Fortunately the floor pans are in great shape. I'm looking for some suggestions on quality dealers for this kind of thing.

I found this place http://www.auto-interior.com/chevy3.html#about that has them for about $200 shipped. I want new carpets so I'm wondering if anyone else has ordered them and who they used? I hate taking a chance on a company I'm not familiar with. $200 is a lot to waste. ;)
    2000 Camaro V6<br />I\'ve done nothing to my car worth note. :)

Re: Replacing the carpet

I do believe a member on here replaced theirs using http://stockinteriors.com/.

Comment

Thanks. I'll check them out. They are a little more expensive than the other place and the other place includes the mass backing at no extra charge. It's probably not as important since I'm putting down Dynamat, though.

Comment

Honestly I have no idea. I thought by now that member would have spoken up. I think it was 97rs4life that did it. If that isn't the member I don't know who would be. But good luck with the interior! :tup:

Comment

I did mine and it was around $200 or so shipped. It was alot lighter than the stock carpet. I went from the graphfite color to black. Wasn't too hard of a install, I also put down 200 sqft of dead mat down. You do have to trim some parts but it wasn't anything major. Good luck.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I just finished replacing mine. I went with the place you linked to. It's actually the dealer for a place called www.accmats.com. I ordered from them and it ended up coming in an accmats.com box anyway. I also laid 175sq ft of deadener and I have to say I was disappointed, but that's another topic.

There was a decent amount of cutting involved because there was a few inches on all sides of extra carpet, but I'd rather have extra than not enough. You can get free samples from accmats.com as well if you'd like to feel the carpet. Though it does feel a bit thicker on the full piece.
            Last edited by TheGr8Schlotzky; 07-06-2008, 01:32 AM.
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I ordered my carpet from Classic Industries. It was a bit stiff, but if you let it set in the sun for a few hours and allow it to loosen up, it'll be alot easier to work with.

Comment

Thanks for the info, gang. I've got some samples ordered from stockinteriors.com so maybe that will help some. Was the replacement carpet as good in quality as the stock carpet? That's my biggest concern. I want it to look nice and feel good. I don't want some cheap outdoor type carpet that was dyed grey! Or worse some 1970s shag that is supposed to fit my Camaro. ;)

Comment

The stuff I got is nicer than stock, feels thicker and softer, but that could just be 12 years of wear. It feels a lot better than what I had in there, and the smell alone makes it worth the time and money :rolleyes:
                  sigpic
                  1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                  --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Did you get the mass backing on your's? I'm considering it but after putting down Dynomat it'd almost seem like a waste.

Comment

Yeah, i got mass backing. I'm not sure it'd really be worth it with the dynomat. like I said, i have edead v1se^2 and teklite and it really didn't make much difference in sound at all. The only thing i've done that really cut down road noise was stuffing the sail panels with fiberglass house insulation. But considering the price on that place with mass backing included, why not. It's nice carpet. I also got the molded embroidered mats, and they look great.
                      sigpic
                      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Got any pics? :) I saw the few on your Cardomain site but they don't show much. It looks like you went from beige to gray? I like the floor mats. I assume you ordered those at the same time you got your carpet.

I got the new carpet and floor mats on the way. I just needed to get this project done. I took the seat covers off and washed them so the car seats are sitting in the living room. Apparently the cats now think they have some new play toys and I need to get them back in the car before they become covered in fur!
                        Last edited by Abaddon; 07-10-2008, 10:38 AM.

Comment

I didn't get a whole lot of pictures because the interior is still a bit apart as I'm workin on the doorpanels and some other things. I didn't get any shots of the carpet with no panels or seats because I was in a rush to get it back together, but here are a few that I did get so far.

The camera captured everything with a much whiter tone, my seats are not so pail, so the carpet is darker as well, but it still looks good.
                          sigpic
                          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

The sun glinting off the passenger side makes it look like mustard colored carpet in that one pic. Kinda like 1970s trailer park carpet. Heh! I like the look, though. I can't wait to get mine installed ASAP. I ordered the 4 floor mats, too. Mine were starting to look rough.

Now if Bilstein will finally come back out with the front shocks I can finish the @@#$@#$ outside looks of this car!

Comment

Hey now, I like my 1970s trailer park carpet!

Just give up on Bilsteins and go with Tokicos if you've decided Bilsteins fit your needs.
                              sigpic
                              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X