dyeing interior Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dyeing interior Q

so im fed up with painting my interior...especially for the reason that the paint scuffs off often....im planning on dyeing it then but since it has spray paint that doesnt want to come off even after using paint remover would i just spray the dye over it and when dyeing do i have to follow the same steps as when i was spray painting, like sanding and all? and anything different i have to do when dyeing vs spray paint....thanks oh and anyone know of any fabric dye that doesnt get all rough, i used duplicolors fabric paint and it just left the fabric all stiff...

Re: dyeing interior Q

use laundry dye.

**** is the bombbbb.

just pull the covers off the seats and soak them.

and yeah, you have to prep the interior first. just dont sand the pattern off the panels lol
    Y87 Package
    MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
    Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
    BONE APPROVED!
    VANBIBBER APPROVED!
    KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
    Team Black...TEAM EMO
    sigpic
    Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

laundry dye? never heard of that.....any local store like i can buy it at? oh and how do you take the covers off the seats? talking about seat covers or the stocks? def want a black interior, greys gay

Comment

talking about stocks, you can removed the cloth if you take apart the seats, only thing you cant pull are the headrests

laundry can be found at any grocery store or your local walmart....in black, liquid form :)

:tup:
        Y87 Package

MOGOB APPROVED!
        BONE APPROVED!
        VANBIBBER APPROVED!
        KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
        Team Black...TEAM EMO
        sigpic

Comment

sweet thanks a lot.....are the seats cloth easy to take off and put back on? hb the back seats?.....no stiffness right? thanks again

Comment

I got a question related to yours so not a total threadjack.

The door panels, if I wanted to dye the material on those can I do it on the vehicle without removing the panels? I never thought about just dying them but I hate that multi color type fabric they use. I'm thinking black would be super sexy.
            Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

you could but would be harder not to paint your window or door...plus you have to take the fabric off if you dont want that painted, i know what you mean i hate taking the panels off

Comment

I've been debating on doing the whole vynil thing where the carpet is, Not to steal your thread though.

On topic: Taking the panels off = fun, putting them back on = not so fun

Comment

After doing 4 speaker installs, I can take the panels off in no time. More practice is all you guys need. Now, as for the interior dying thing, where are you getting the dye? I want to do my interior in black as well, cuz, like you said, gray=gay
                  ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                  A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

automagic dye is good, so is duplicolor vinyl paint, worked great on my interior,

young sc, you could to it with the panels on use duplicolor fabric paint, it will make the fabric a little stiff, just brush it and that will go away

i too have had my fair share of removing interior panels and door panels as most of you already know. lol
                    Y87 Package

MOGOB APPROVED!
                    BONE APPROVED!
                    VANBIBBER APPROVED!
                    KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
                    Team Black...TEAM EMO
                    sigpic

Comment

anyone know if murrays or autozone has dyes? maybe home depot? im not going to bother dyeing the fabric on the door panels ill just wrap them in vinyl but def dyeing the seats with that laundry dye....lot of work to do in my interior bc it looks horrible scuffs everywhere so im in need of doing this bad...have painted it over like 3 times and now i swear i feel like its riced so now im def sticking to dyes instead

Comment

<------------ Another person who wants to do this :P

My gray carpet has so many stains on it from the previous owner/me being dumb and letting people bring drinks in my car. Im just glad all my plastics in the car are black. What would be the easiest way to die the headliner? I'd have to pull it out I assume..

This laundry dye, I can use this on my seats, carpet, and headliner?

Seems like a good project since I'd imagine it would be very cheap, just time consuming which is fine with me.
                        2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

yea i just asked my parents to pick me up some dye today....hopefully i can finish it in a week...and you just have to let them soak in the dye mixture.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X