t/a rear bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t/a rear bumper

Well i bought a t/a rear bumper because mine was cracked and needed to repainted. So i came across an 02' same color as mine mint condition. Bought it for 160 w/shipping. 2 days later DHL shipped it to the wrong person then it had to be recovered then sent to ohio for some reason. Finally got it heres the damage:

so the person who shipped it to me also had another 1500 dollars worth of damages and lost goods, DHL screwed up 6 of his orders that he dropped off that day. So the guy is giving me 200 bucks back and will keep in touch with me on updates and how the damage is claim is going. So basically i got the bumper for free.....but its down to the fiberglass in some spots. So im not sure if i even made out that well

Im just gonna pocket the 200, mount the bumper and wait til spring because im painting the whole car (im keeping it the same color)

The point of my thread really though is any ti[ps and help for getting this thing mounted would be great. ill prob do it next weekend. Anything i should be worried about. My mechanical skills are minimal but i can learn and i have a buddy helping me whos pretty good with cars.

any tips and help appreciated

thanks, Sam

Re: t/a rear bumper

Those are terrible pictures, but it looks like there are some paint scuffs on there as well, so you might try rubbing compound to see if anything will clean up a bit. if not, 200 should be enough to get it painted, or just wait to do the car like you said.

Bumper covers are pretty basic in mounting. I haven't had the back off, though I have had the front off, but it's likely the same. Just a bunch of random clips and bolts. Be sure you don't put everything back together and tighten everything until you get the bumper lined up, because then you'll have to go back and readjust everything.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I've done this (regular firebird bumper to T/A bumper).

It's not to hard, i've done it twice and the first time took me about an hour but the second time was a lot less.

Just take your time.

Here is a basic run down of what to do

Pull back carpet in trunk
      Remove tail lights/disconnect them
      Remove rear side marker lamps
      Remove four "push pins" (pliers help) on top
      Remove (10mm?) bolts front wheel well (and inside the trunk)
      Disconnect license wiring harness (may have to swap onto new bumper)
      I believe there are 4 push bins below, 2 in the middle and 1 on each corner
      Remove bumper

Reverse...to install

I know i'm missing some more...but trust me its easier than you think. Just check everything out and take your time. Its not that hard. Good luck

Comment

Yea they are terrible pics, took them with my cell real quick, i have way better ones, but it was pointless in the first place to post them.

Thanks for the help on the install seems pretty straight forward.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X