Pic Request!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pic Request!!

Does anyone have any pics of black painted or powdercoated stock 00-02 camaro wheels? I looked all over ls1tech and didnt find any. I would love to get some black c5 Z06 replicas, but I think that is out of the budget for now.
    2002 Camaro A4<br />K&N FIPK<br />Ravin exhaust<br />15.64 @ 90.11 MPH<br /><br />_ _ ___________________ _ _ <br />2004 Quicksilver/Black GTO M6<br />Stock except !CAGS

Re: Pic Request!!

or

sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Wow, thanks for the quick response. That gives me a little better of an idea, but I was actually planning on powdercoating the whole wheel...including the lip. I have a black car, so I am going for the total blacked-out look. Schlotzky, your wheels look good, and I know you did them yourself, but unfortunately, I have the different style rim.
      2002 Camaro A4<br />K&N FIPK<br />Ravin exhaust<br />15.64 @ 90.11 MPH<br /><br />_ _ ___________________ _ _ <br />2004 Quicksilver/Black GTO M6<br />Stock except !CAGS

Comment

link to see it more fullsize

http://www.putfile.com/pic/7975873#
        then click on full size at bottom and to the right of pic

http://www.putfile.com/pic/6985378
        another pic to see the wheels in
        Last edited by lilchubby; 07-22-2008, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Whoa, those look great. Are they painted or powdercoated? Why did you choose not to have the inside of the wheel done? And if you had someone do it, what was the cost?

Comment

These are painted. The only reason i didnt paint the inside is i didnt think the paint would stick very well. i didnt want it to be chipping back their and figured it would looke better unpainted then chipping. I did the painting my self. It was really easy and really cheap. Paint was about 20 bucks (2 cans of black Dupli-color wheel paint in black, and 2 cans of duplic color wheel paint in clear). Scotch brite pads less then 5 bucks. Just make sure u get in all the coreners when using the scotch brite pad to prep the wheels. I used a cardboard cut out to cover the tire, along with some tape and newspaper. its got 3 coats of base and 2 of clear. I wouldnt change a thing about the way i did it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X