Caliper color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caliper color

Okay so I have a 2000 camaro that is artic white, and I have black z06 motorsport rims on order. My theme for my car is basically white and black.

Here's a link for my car on fquick to get a visual of it (feel free to add me and comment to :D):
    http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewvehicle.php?id=20858

I plan on cleaning and painting my calipers with dupi color:
    http://www.duplicolor.com/products/caliper.html

I originally thought I wanted to paint my calipers white (even though yes I know they would get terribly dirty but I also detail my car every week or 2 weeks). I noticed that they don't sell white caliper paint.... so. for the million dollar question, what color should i paint my calipers... yellow? silver? blue? red? black? or find some white paint that is resistant to extreme heat?

ALSO.. If you could please give me your reasoning of why you picked a certain color please do so. Thanks guys
    Silver
    10.53%
    Black
    31.58%
    Blue
    15.79%
    Red
    31.58%
    Yellow
    0.00%
    White (find some type of heat resistant paint)
    10.53%
    Last edited by jkelley; 07-23-2008, 10:58 PM. Reason: forgot to add a detail

Re: Caliper color

red because i think any other color looks weird.
    i really dont like the headlight covers you have polish and do the wistler mod looks much better IMHO

-Y87
    Lid,K&N Filter,PaceSetter Headers,Magnaflow Cat 2.5in S-pipe,Flomaster :(,3.42 LSD

Comment

Originally posted by Sean_99_3.8 View Post
      red because i think any other color looks weird.
      i really dont like the headlight covers you have polish and do the wistler mod looks much better IMHO
      agreed on the headlight covers; it's just something for temporarily. I'm going to be buying dual black halos (CCFL) - on the to do list:drool: - fairly soon. I'm looking for a used pair but if not I'm gonna just buy them brand new. thanks for your input though man! I accepted ya on fquick and commented :rock:

Comment

I'm not sure about you, but I too have a 2000 Camaro and my calipers are zinc plated. If you clean them up they look nice and silver. I did that and painted my caliper bracket black. Just an idea. IMO you should stick to silver or black I just think the other colors would look a little funny with the white.

Comment

Black, stays with your color scheme and will be a subtle, but noticeable color.

Comment

I voted red but I say if you going to do anything black and get the camaro lettering for them off ebay or somewhere and make the a silver metallic!

Comment

thanks for the advice so far guys!! keep em coming :tup: btw, does anyone have any pictures of a white camaro with (red, black, or silver) painted calipers, preferably with black rims?

Comment

The rims will be black I say red to break it up and look sort of performance-like

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X