Water in the trunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in the trunk

With this Huricane Dolly, after the storm I got little water in the trunk and the door and seats were little humid, but not wet. I drove in a highway intersection (after the storm) with about 4 in. of water. I remove the carpet in the trunk when it was already dry and I found little water just in one of the two rubber seals. You can also see those rubbers from behind the car close to the muffler. Do you think water came in through those rubbers? What are the function of this rubbers?
    Last edited by borispeed; 07-29-2008, 07:30 PM. Reason: Spelling I am ESL
    Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Re: Water in the trunk

I highly doubt any water came through the seals on the bottom. More than likely you need to replace your weatherstripping around the hatch or inspect it for cracks or inconsistencies which could likely be fixed with weatherstripping adhesive.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

those rubbers? almost sounds like youre describing bump stops. if so, dont remove them.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlak121 View Post
        those rubbers? almost sounds like youre describing bump stops. if so, dont remove them.
        I'm talking about these ones.
        Attached Files
        Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Comment

Yeah. Drain plugs as far as I've been able to tell. I really can't think of any other purpose. Water couldn't get in there unless the car was up to the trunk in water, and even then, probably not.
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X