Dash Cover Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash Cover Interest

I need some help and input on a new dash cover that we are thinking about making here at Coverlay. I have a 99 with a craked dash. We are debating over making a dash cover for the 4th gen Camaro, Firebird, and Trans Am. The problem that we are runing into is the vent area right in the middle of the dash. If we manufacture a cover for those models it will have a cutt-out in the middle.

We have received numerous calls about manufacturing a cover for those models and wanted to get some input from you guys/gals on what you think would be the best way to go about the design of that cover. My understanding is that the forward plastic piece(up against the windshield) is the same for the 93-02 Firebird/Trans Am and the 97-02 Camaro. We have the one for the 93-96 Camaro. http://www.coverlaymfg.com/index.php...on=show_detail

The new one would look similiar to that one if we were to produce it. I would like any input on this. Pics of anyone that has a cracked dash would be great and would help alot. I have already shown them my dash but others would be great. Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Dash Cover Interest

at that price you can buy a new dash.... lol

Comment

What's it made of? I think you should get forums members a 80% discount :).
      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
      A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

yeh I'm about to make my own, so unless you can get it to me for under $20...

Comment

Its made out of a ABS plastic and is contoured to be an exact replica of the original dash. LOL I'll check on the discount for you

Comment

Originally posted by onspeed View Post
            at that price you can buy a new dash.... lol
            Or do what I did- look around and get a new one for half price :rock:

It's a good market because of how prone factory dashes are to cracking, and it's good that you can offer them in a variety of colors, but you do need to come down on that price a little bit.

Comment

Were can you get one for half the price? Do you have a link? If its not cost effective for us to make one than we won't.

Comment

can you make one for a 98 camaro in black

Comment

What I meant by half price is that I just waited around for one in good condition that a user on another forum was selling from his car. If people wanted to they could just look for Camaro/Firebird part outs and if the dash is in good condition you can snag them up for $70-80 in used condition.

Comment

link didnt even work for...

Comment

Just a heads up, asking our opinions is fine, and sharing your personal experiences and solutions is fine, but if you are going to promote your business on here and use this board to generate sales, you will need to talk to an administrator.

That said, your link doesn't work for me. Also, unless the vent cutout is very clean and streamlined, it may be wiser to add some sort of overlay to the vent, such as a screen or grill of some sort. The difference in installed height may make this a better looking alternative as well. I've also noticed it's not entirely uncommon for the grill on the dash pad itself to break, making it a more viable fix for more people.
                      Last edited by TheGr8Schlotzky; 08-01-2008, 01:03 AM.
                      sigpic
                      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
                        Just a heads up, asking our opinions is fine, and sharing your personal experiences and solutions is fine, but if you are going to promote your business on here and use this board to generate sales, you will need to talk to an administrator.

That said, your link doesn't work for me. Also, unless the vent cutout is very clean and streamlined, it may be wiser to add some sort of overlay to the vent, such as a screen or grill of some sort. The difference in installed height may make this a better looking alternative as well. I've also noticed it's not entirely uncommon for the grill on the dash pad itself to break, making it a more viable fix for more people.
                        Schlotzky I could hug you right now! I have a billet grille sitting around that I've been wanting to do something with and now it has a potential purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdPhil View Post
                          Schlotzky I could hug you right now! I have a billet grille sitting around that I've been wanting to do something with and now it has a potential purpose.
                          Phil, I think he meant something more along a mesh; not a billet grill :P
                          ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                          A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Originally posted by RadRacer View Post
                            Phil, I think he meant something more along a mesh; not a billet grill :P
                            But I think billet>mesh. Besides, this will incorporate my old truck into my bird! I'm excited! :banana: If only it'd stop raining. :mad:

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post

X3 for me. The first thought I had was the screening to cover the dash vent. As far as material, the ones I've seen around here have like a shag look about them. Perhaps something that wouldn't look so "added on" (if possible)?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X