Clear Coat (spray paint)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clear Coat (spray paint)

Could be a couple problems. Like Cam98 said, clear loves to eat paint thats not compatable. also, Humidity sucks when it comes to paint.. paint it outside and take it in with fans blowing the fumes out. let it flash, then do it again. but at this point you maight want to re-coat the whole thing to make it look right. I havent ever delt with VHT products, but painting, then clearing without the ample amount of time could cause a chem reaction, and that humidity is going to kill ya too. wait till its 60% or below and the heat isnt all that bad, and NEVER paint in the sun.
    as for wet-sanding it. paint a couple layers of clear (not thick) let it flash between coats, wait 24-48 hrs for a partial cure, then wet sand with 800 grit, then 1000 grit, then finish off with a 1500 to 2000 grit, after that get a rubbing compound and a terry cloth towel or polishing rag, and BUFF THE HELL OUTTA the lens till you get the shine you want. I like using mig. #7, but thats me others like using mothers too which is good. but get a fine rubbing compound and roll with it.

Archer
    MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
    http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Comment

It must have been the humidity; I opened the front door and set my knobs about 3ft outside and it worked like a dream. Did 2 light coats, followed by a semi-heavy coat; then brought them inside to dry. Been about 2hrs now and they're still looking good; pics will be up in a few minutes. Haven't gotten a chance to re-try my tails yet; didn't have enough time, but either tomorrow or Fri I'll get them done.
      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
      A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Alright, cleared the tails Fri, let them dry over night and sanded them down Sat. Finally go around to buffing/polishing them and installing them:

~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
        A few things

Comment

With the lights on:

~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
          A few things

Comment

those are borderline illegal

Comment

yea, I hope they're brighter in person than they are in those pics...
              Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
              Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

They don't look like they'd be that bad at night, which is what matters, unless of course the brake lights are no more visible than that, in which that is not good.

I've got to say though, I love the way those tips go with that rear valance.
                sigpic
                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by T-Mill View Post
                  yea, I hope they're brighter in person than they are in those pics...
                  That's not the brake lights, that's with the headlights turned on; the actual brake lights are brighter. Like I said, if anything, it's easier to see the lights now since they're not "cloudy" like they were before. I've had numerous cops tail me with these and been pulled over without them even hinting at them being illegal.

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
                  They don't look like they'd be that bad at night, which is what matters, unless of course the brake lights are no more visible than that, in which that is not good.

I've got to say though, I love the way those tips go with that rear valance.
                  At night, you can't even tell they're blacked out :P. I also love the way the tips go; I've got a Vizage kit waiting to be painted/installed, and I'm tossing up which valence to go with. One of them will be up for sale once I make up my mind.
                  ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                  A few things

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X