Sort-of ghost flame pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sort-of ghost flame pics

These are some pics of the flames on my TA. The idea was to combine a "true flame" design with the ghost flame technique. I think it came out pretty well. These pics were taken at G12 in Atlanta

-<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Re: Sort-of ghost flame pics

In my front yard:

-<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Some engine bay pics. The engine bay is painted a charcoal grey color that I had matched to the interior color and added metal flake. Also clear coated:

Comment

i like!

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

I like it, it looks *****in'!

If it was me, I'd probably have a ghost phoenix with the ghost flame. I mean you can pull it off with the license plate cover, but I'd think it would be cleaner if you had a ghost phoenix as well.

Comment

it looks good. but something about it just doesn't flow with me
            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

I like it, until you get close to it. the lines on the tru flames are too sharp and not blended, but, BUT.. it does go well with the car and the colors, I have NEVER seen someone ghost a truflame.. deff a great idea, and it turned out pretty well too..

Good job. who did it?

Archer
              MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
              http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Comment

Those are HUGE pictures. Nice paint job. The only thing that doesn't sit well with me is the ZR1 wheels on a Trans Am. Just doesn't fit with it at all.

Comment

the motor is nicely done :tup: and I sorta like the paint job, but 2 each his own I guess.

Comment

"id hit that"
                    Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

Looks good... paint the lid the same way!
                      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

it looks good for pewter
                        :)
                        the flames are really cool i just dont like pewter.

yeah kristen you hear me.

Comment

pewter metallic kicks ***...looks good

Comment

Originally posted by Archer View Post
                            I have NEVER seen someone ghost a truflame.. deff a great idea, and it turned out pretty well too..

Good job. who did it?
                            I had never seen it before either. That's why I did it. The obvious problem in doing it is that you have to use sharp contrasts in color to get the true flame effect, yet you have to use very slight contrasts in color to get the ghost flame effect. The work was done by Fleming Island Autobody / Island Customs

Originally posted by 00FlowCamaro View Post
                            Those are HUGE pictures. Nice paint job. The only thing that doesn't sit well with me is the ZR1 wheels on a Trans Am. Just doesn't fit with it at all.
                            Sorry about the big pictures. I'm not a big fan of those wheels either. In fact they're rarely on the car when it's "in public." Most of the time it has weld draglites with ET Drags and skinnies. I actually have another set of wheels that need some repair work before they become my "street wheels."

Originally posted by josh98bird View Post
                            Looks good... paint the lid the same way!
                            The lid will actually be gone soon when I put my new Victor Jr intake on. :) Might also have to put a cowl hood on it for clearance too.

Thanks everybody :)

Comment

I don't like it. But if you like it then that's all that matters.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X