The Gr8Schlotzky would be proud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gr8Schlotzky would be proud

Well I haven't been on here in quite awhile and the forum left me a message to take a few moments to post. :cool:
    Recap. I bought a 95 3.4l Camaro several years ago as my primary transportation. It needs work but I enjoy working on things. The car is Yellow Green metallic but is in need of help. The clear is peeling on the rear bumper, driver's side quarter panel, driver's side fender and hood. On top of that the front bumper and driver's side fender are after market and don't fit the greatest aswell as scuffed up. Shortly after I bought it my passenger door was backed into. Not too bad but enough to cause a small crack and scuff the hell out of it and my passenger side mirror is cracked and epoxied together. Now this is just the exterior.
    I decided that since the bumper and fender are aftermarket(Also the previous owner told me Maaco painted them and now that it's peeling I noticed that there is no primer) and I want them replaced with GM parts that I would do the conversion because I like the newer front end more. I originally just thought about buying a newer one but there so damn expensive around here(around 8k for a 3.8 with 100k on it) and decided to just convert it. Happy I was not because I also wanted Pewter with black stripes and that brings me to the point. I bought a set of GM power mirrors off a wrecked 00 SS and sanded them down, applied adhesion promoter, primer, smoothed out the primer, more promoter, paint, clear and wetsanded and buffed based on Schlotzky sticky. All using Duplicolor spray cans. Too make sure it's a good match a bought a rear spoiler off a Pewter z28 and it is just about dead on. This is great because I can just look for doors, etc already painted Pewter, but since the spoiler is going to have stripes I sanded it down and primered it. Still have to work on that come spring but here is one of the mirrors

Last edited by VTJosh; 02-15-2009, 05:25 PM.

Re: The Gr8Schlotzky would be proud

That looks great!
    '99 Mountaineer AWD 5.0 - 4300K HID, Some Bolt-ons
    '97 RS - HPTuner, Bolt-ons
    '09 WRX - Aesthetic mods

Comment

good looking paint job

Archer
      MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
      http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Comment

wow!!

Comment

pics of the car... or ban
          #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

wow buddy nice job
            Robby
            2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 V6

|JET Chip|Flowmaster American Thunder|K&N Intake|BMR STB|Spohn Rear Sway Bar|

http://speed-bros.com/
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by unvmyrs View Post
              pics of the car... or ban
              picks or kicks squa to the nutz

Comment

damm almost looks pro, great job. wanna paint my car?

Comment

The car is still green and covered in salt. The only completed part is that mirror. I have the other mirror and spoiler to finish. Because I'm doing the front end conversion and changing the color of the whole car, I'm buying every body panels that can be unbolted and painting it. Then when I have them all done I'll do the parts like the roof and quarter panels, etc. and bolt all the painted stuff on. Then I'll just sell the good green panels. That way I'm not driving around with a primer,green,pewter camaro like the Honda's do. The pic was just to show that his sticky is a great way to paint your car although labor intensive and takes alot more time it would come out far less expensive then paying a shop to do it. I've been quoted around 3-4k for a good paintjob but when I only payed 2k for the car its kinda stupid.
                  For the pic whores ;) This was taken last summer after the new rims

Comment

oh ok. you said it was green yellow... so i thought it would be somthing like lime green. LoL thats why i wanted pics.
                    #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

Originally posted by unvmyrs View Post
                      oh ok. you said it was green yellow... so i thought it would be somthing like lime green. LoL thats why i wanted pics.
                      yea, i too was thinking that you had like a fruity pebbles car...
                      Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Glad to see that it worked out for ya! Looks great! :tup:
                        sigpic
                        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Oh, I thought that the color was called Dk. Yellow Green Metallic? Anyway I'll definatly take pics as the progress continues

Comment

I believe you've got Polo Green Metallic but I could be wrong. Our 2000 Cavalier is green but you can spot a flash of yellow in the sun. Kind of weird color to get used to but it is growing on me.

Comment

yes its polo green metallic and i love the color it really grows on me i would never paint it a different color its ok tho your car will look great in what ever you do but the polo green and the c5's look great i must say so my self lol
                              Last edited by solocamaro95; 02-17-2009, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X