rim and tire size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rim and tire size

hello there, i was just wondering what is the ideal rim size for our cars as well as tire size. i know alot of the guys use the c5 rims, and i also plan on gettin them. my friend and i were discussing what the rim would look like in the wheel well with low pros and were thinking about 20's. were thinking that it might look small if i got the c5 rims 17 front 18 back. just looking for some feed back on what you guys are using. i dont know much about the tire size i have seen alot of you useing 255+.

would 20's be too big? and would that affect speed?

Re: rim and tire size

Its really just personal opinion. I have rarely seen any rims over 18" that i liked on f-bodies (a couple 19's looked nice). I have the c5's with 17's in front and 18's in rear. For tires i have 245/4517s up front and 265/3518's in the back. I think it feels the fender well ok, and looks perfect with a small drop.

Comment

Re: rim and tire size

My wheels are 17x9.5 and 18x9.5. My tires will be 275/40/17 and 275/35/18. 18 is as big as I would go, and even that will slow the car down in the quarter. When you get into 20s, you will be losing a lot of speed due to more rotating mass. I wouldn't recommend going over 18 personally.
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X