T-top conversion weatherstripping problem (HELP!) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-top conversion weatherstripping problem (HELP!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-top conversion weatherstripping problem (HELP!)

The guy who did my conversion didn't do a very good cutting job unfortunately.. In the front I'm pretty sure he cut off a bit too much. I think this is why my weatherstripping wont fit very flush. Am I completely screwed if it was cut too short? I tried to play with it as much as I can but I cant get it to sit flush.

Can anyone with a t-top conversion chime in please and help on how I can fix that? Thanks!
    Last edited by tmc2k1; 04-29-2009, 08:16 PM.

Re: T-top conversion weatherstripping problem (HELP!)

i believe it is actually the piece on the right side in the picture try pulling the screw and putting it in so the weather stripping is sucked in all the way otherwise mabey try and pull the 2 screws from the a-pillar trim and then there should be 2 bolts where you can adjust it and it neither of those work try bending it some but dont crack the metal by bending it to much

Comment

If you followed the video I sent you and still didn't get anywhere, then he probably didn't get the metal flat enough underneath the weatherstripping. Take it off and post a picture.
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

right in that corner there is nothing under there when you cut the roof off. you would need to build it up. so take it off, and do whatever you have to do to make it higher. your not going to see it anyways.
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

You may also need to move / re-adjust the rest of the weatherstripping around the t-tops so this fits better.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kristen View Post
            right in that corner there is nothing under there when you cut the roof off. you would need to build it up. so take it off, and do whatever you have to do to make it higher. your not going to see it anyways.
            Yeah, the driver side has a gap but it only is probably 1/8th of a inch and it doesn't really bother me. This gap is MUCH bigger. It looks HORRIBLE when the window is down so I just keep the passenger window up until I get it more flush :P

Schlotzky your video DEFINITELY helped for my drivers side. I am going to keep at it on the passenger side! I just got to keep trying.

Comment

sell the car
              1997 Camaro LS1 RS
              1994 Camaro - Sold
              1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Rs View Post
                sell the car
                Why do you say that?

Comment

it simply gets rid of the headache. Its hard to see but something looks screwed up. In the end you will keep beating yourself trying to fix it
                  1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                  1994 Camaro - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Rs View Post
                    it simply gets rid of the headache. Its hard to see but something looks screwed up. In the end you will keep beating yourself trying to fix it
                    not true....that is what it should look like when you do the t top conv. it's just that the guy didn't mod it up to make it perfect for you. i think that i spent more time modding the weather stripping and doing bondo that i did with the rest of the conver.

don't get down...it's fixable
                    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

not true....that is what it should look like when you do the t top conv. it's just that the guy didn't mod it up to make it perfect for you. i think that i spent more time modding the weather stripping and doing bondo that i did with the rest of the conver.

I really hope your right Kristen. I'm going to take it to a body shop to see what they can do to get it to look as perfect as possible. Tom RS really has me upset/worried that its unfixable :(

Comment

I've never done a ttop conversion cuz mine came with ttops, but it looks fixable. If the metal was cut too short you're going to have to DIY (as Kristen said) or take it to a body shop. It does look fixable so don't worry.
                        #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

Also here is a pic I took from a birds eye view. No body work has been done yet since the conversion. I know nothing about body work and would rather leave this up to a professional to get the best possible outcome. I ended up having to quit my job soon after the conversion so I never got it done. I wish the guy who did it did a much better job. I left everything up to him and I guess I regret it sometimes which makes me feel like my car is total crap. I enjoyed my car so much before, but sometimes I feel like I ruined it by letting this guy do this.

Ignore the headliner. I haven't gotten t-top headliner yet(will replace once I get a shop to do the body work for me. I also pushed that corner piece and it only helped VERY little.)
                          Last edited by tmc2k1; 05-17-2009, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Well, you decided to have him cut your roof off, which has risks. All I am telling you is that it looks fixable from the pictures. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, go to a bodyshop. It's a huge mod, don't feel bad and listen to the people who have done it before, they know.
                            #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

how is selling the car not getting rid of the headache ? the Op has asked a ton of queations about the t-tops after he did it and tried to fix it. I even remember him saying he felt he ruined his car.

Instead of beating yourself up tying to make it perfect go and find another car. Otherwise get out your vice grips and tyenol
                              1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                              1994 Camaro - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X