Paint competition hood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint competition hood?

I've got a SS fiberglass competition hood. It seems to bend a lot when i get above 60mph. I want to paint it but i don't know if the paint will just crack and peel off when bending. Does anyone know if its safe to paint this hood?

Like i said the hood bends and jumps around when going to fast (not very fast actually). Does anyone know how i can fix this? Would hood pins hold it down?

Is there a hood pin how to guide here?

Re: Paint competition hood?

I have the same thing. It scares the **** out of me. Shaking like a crackhead going through withdrawal...

You can get hood pins if you are worried about it. I don't think its a big deal though.
    2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
    2006 S60- Sold
    2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Originally posted by stevethepirate View Post
      I have the same thing. It scares the **** out of me. Shaking like a crackhead going through withdrawal...

You can get hood pins if you are worried about it. I don't think its a big deal though.
      Cool thanks. I'll put the hood pins in.

Did you paint your hood, or was it painted when you purchased it? Any problems with the paint job on your hood from the crackhead shaking? :) Great analogy.

Comment

Why not get paint with a flexing agent? Or something of the sorts. I know a bunch of our panels have it.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
          Why not get paint with a flexing agent? Or something of the sorts. I know a bunch of our panels have it.
          If that's what i need then i'll get it. Thanks.

Comment

Hey no problem.. I wish I could give you better information on it but eh, i know you have the rest of the internet at your disposal.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

My hood was a ****ty paint job, has nothing to do with it shaking. Does yours actually "flex" or is it just shaking a lot?
              2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
              2006 S60- Sold
              2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Originally posted by stevethepirate View Post
                My hood was a ****ty paint job, has nothing to do with it shaking. Does yours actually "flex" or is it just shaking a lot?
                Its flexing up and down.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X