BUY RIMSS helppp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BUY RIMSS helppp

Heyy.... im going to buy rims on tues....i want zo6 rims........I dont know wheter to get 17 or 18 inch rims.....I dont want them to bend wen i hit a pot hole...lol.....whyere should i order them from???? and what size tires should i go....i need help.....Meaty shells whats ur wheel size??? i have a white camaro to......your camaro is my fav on this site...any help is much appreciated
    ....WHITE CAMARO CLUB....? =(

Re: BUY RIMSS helppp

Tire size depends on the wheel size you choose. I'd suggest 17s all around, as would most people here. You can get the 8.5" wide and run 245/45/17 or get some 9.5" wide and run 275/40/17 and be within 0.1" total diameter of the most common size for stock wheels, 245/50/16.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

2nd the 17 X 9.5 with 275/40/17's look great , I'd go chrome over polished , easier to keep up always look good.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

whats a legit site to buy htem off...ps thanks for quick response

Comment

Ebay has great deals on rims. Thats where I got my Chrome 17" ZR1's.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I just bought some amazing c6 wheels for like.. 500ish. Brand new. Replica's of course.. and hopefully they'll hold up but they look so amazing.

http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Camaro-Fi.../sc297382-3-1/

TEAM C6V6

Comment

x2 on blizzard's word, and also check out fasttoys.net---i got my z06's on sale for 145 a piece there.

listen to what these guys are suggesting, i was thinking 18's at first and did some research and took some opinions and ended up going 17's with 275/40/17 Nitto nt555 tires. I couldn't be happier with the results.
              pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
              gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

mine are 17 inch x9.5

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells View Post
                  mine are 17 inch x9.5
                  what size tires do you have?

Comment

mine are 17x9.5 too and i went with 275/40/17. plenty wide of a tire.
                    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic

Comment

get 18" if you dont want to lower it. 17" on these cars look silly unless you lower the car
                      1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                      1994 Camaro - Sold
                      1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

so should i go 18? i don have my car lowered....and how big of tires?? 18 x what?
                        Last edited by mattyacks; 05-26-2009, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Rs View Post
                          get 18" if you dont want to lower it. 17" on these cars look silly unless you lower the car
                          what do u have?

Comment

i think im gonna go with the 17s....and have my car lowered eventually...how much is it to lower car...lol...im such a newb

Comment

man you're lucky someone hasn't gotten in your a$$ and posted up a link to the search...

but if you go 17's (which i recommend) and lower it, get an eibach pro-kit for about 200 which will drop it between 1-1.5 inches and then you'll need supporting mods like upgraded shocks, an adjustable panhard bar and lca brackets to even up your rear end geometry, and the appropriate tires of course.

start getting ideas of what you like and we'll help you with the specifics.

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X