Painted my intake manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted my intake manifold

Been a bit bored, so I bought another LS2 intake manifold and painted it quicksilver metallic to match my car's exterior.

I'm debating on: pinstriping flames, airbrushing ghost flames, or leaving it as-is.

Two shots of QSM and two shots of clearcoat.

Last edited by hockeyman; 05-25-2009, 06:08 PM.
    sigpic

Re: Painted my intake manifold

Nice, but it's plain. Definately do somthing else with it. I'm not sure what. Not flames...unless you really like them. Maybe get some custom vinyl made, but will vinyl hold on somthing that gets hot?? Maybe if you clear over it with hitemp clear...
    #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

Originally posted by unvmyrs View Post
      Nice, but it's plain. Definately do somthing else with it. I'm not sure what. Not flames...unless you really like them. Maybe get some custom vinyl made, but will vinyl hold on somthing that gets hot?? Maybe if you clear over it with hitemp clear...
      I was thinking of that too, but the underhood temps can get a bit too warm for vinyl. The manifold is plastic and really doesn't exceed 220* at operating temps, but I don't know if I'd want to take the risk.

Also, I inquired about a high temp clearcoat when I was at the shop, but got squirrely-eyes from the guy behind the counter. He told me that I'd be able to find it in an aerosol can, but not in professional automotive finishes. I try to stay away from aerosol cans!

I also have the stock Fuel Rail Covers that are custom painted red, black & silver, and they'll add some nice contrast under the hood. I may leave it blank, then later on, decide to airbrush it once it's installed. Maybe even airbrush a spider, skull or even a pissed-off goat on it....:naughty:

Thanks for the reply.
      sigpic

Comment

Decided to go with red flames, then two more coats of clear.

Last edited by hockeyman; 05-25-2009, 06:13 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

those look pink haha

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

always knew marc was a flamer:wavey:
            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen View Post
              always knew marc was a flamer:wavey:
              Somehow, I just knew that comment was going to appear from someone.
              sigpic

Comment

:Dit's because i love you
                WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X