Driving Lights Behind the Grille

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving Lights Behind the Grille

Hey guys well grilles seem to be a pretty popular topic recently on the forum haha, so ive got a question relating to them.

I have seen these on a few other camaros and i think it looks pretty good, but my question is, does anyone have a write up for this? done it before? could give advice on how to do it?

Robby
    2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 V6

|JET Chip|Flowmaster American Thunder|K&N Intake|BMR STB|Spohn Rear Sway Bar|

http://speed-bros.com/
    sigpic

Re: Driving Lights Behind the Grille

5.5" Dia Driving Lights Behind My Grille (Pics) (Car you posted)

How to Install 1969 Style Foglights in Grille

And a few more...

Camaro Fog Lights
    '99 Camaro
    '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
    '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Re: Driving Lights Behind the Grille

I did it; it's very simple. I'll do a mini write up, but have no install pictures.

First things first. What I started with a 98+ camaro. I yanked that FUGLY plastic grill that came with the car right out. I had bought a billet grill off of ebay. stainless steel. I also bought a set of PIAA driving lights from a speed shop; but you can get them a lot of places i.e ebay. Maybe even autozone. The driving lights have mounting brackets that are kind of U shaped. You make them look strait forward, and you screw them into your bumper with supplied screws. You then mount the lights themselves directly to the U shaped bracket. Aim them as high/low as you would like, and tighten the lights to the brackets. Now the fun part. What I did, since the lights came with some cheesy aftermarket switch that I was not going to put in my car, I spliced into my factory fog light wires with the wires from the new PIAA driving lights. That way they all would turn on at the same time. I then put the ground wire under the bolts that are obvious as soon as you open the hood. They aren't the headlight bracket bolts, theres some more there, I just grounded the wires there. But you could ground them anywhere, I just grounded them with my HIDs... ANyways. So I wanted them to all come on with the factory foglight switch. I just threw away the fusebox and switch that came with them because you don't need them if you do it this way. Then, I reinstalled the billet grill and viola!. They are there, haven't had any problems whatsoever with them, and I love them. It really gives it an aggressive look. Hope this helps.

I know its not a great write up. I didn't have a lot of time. But if you have any questions just ask. Its a simple DIY thing.
      Last edited by unvmyrs; 06-08-2009, 12:45 AM.
      #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X