Cheap SS Hood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap SS Hood?

Has anyone figured a way out to get a cheap SS "working" hood?? Either modified out of stock hood or bought cheaply through a vendor? I've been looking for a while and best I can find is $400-$700 is this reasonable?

Re: Cheap SS Hood?

I got mine new on craigslist for $200 , just have to look around there and ebay is my favorite also.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Have you heard of the "hood scoop" mod, by just taking the "hood scoop" and then "dremeling" out a hole in your hood...mounting so called scoop and then fabricating or buying a setup for the ram air intake?

$200 eh'...was it local or you have it shipped to you?

Comment

i got mine for $350 brand new shipped to my door in a 18 wheeler/freightliner
        fully fuctional ram air .4rm the baybay with the e in front:rock:

Comment

I got mine local , even fit it in the back hatch , since I have rear seat deletes, and some towels and plastic the guy had. I couldn't close the hatch all the way so tied it down. And the hood is on the car.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I found some on ebay for like $250 but it's like $150 for shipping though...so I'm right back to $400 again...

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE1stcamv6 View Post
              i got mine for $350 brand new shipped to my door in a 18 wheeler/freightliner
              fully fuctional ram air .4rm the baybay with the e in front:rock:
              Was that shipping included?

Comment

yes shipped to my door $350

Comment

One thing you have to be careful about is the cheaper ones usually have horrible fitment. A lot of times the money saved on a cheaper hood will be spent adjusting, trimming, or even remolding it to fit.

From what I've seen, VFN has some of the best-fitting hoods for a decent price. A little more than what the ebay hoods cost, but fitment is superior and hoods are functional.
                  '99 Camaro
                  '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                  '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

I'm planning on buying a hoodscoop off an SS for mine. I have also seen SS hoods going for roughly $500.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X