Steering wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering wheel

Anyone yanked one of these before? I have a replacement for my current one, because it's looking very tattered. No tears, but it looks like its going to soon. I bought an aftermarket leather one, but the kink is that it has no airbag. Any way to bypass the airbag sensors without bothering the computer that much?

I ate a bowl of fail this morning.
    Quarter Million Mile Club

Re: Steering wheel

Well, I am 99% sure you will probably need a steering wheel puller. I haven't personally pulled one from a 4th gen, but maybe you won't need it. Anyways, which steering wheel do you have? If you have the base one, you could get the one with cd player controls on it instead of the one without the airbag. Just a suggestion. Anyways, check into the puller.
    #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

I used a Powerbuilt puller on mine worked well once you get use to it. As to get rid of the light , I thought about just disconnecting the light bulb if I went with a aftermarket wheel like Grant , but you would have to take out the passenger side too, just in case, so it doesn't explode on ya.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

pull out the cluster, and then on the rear, remove the bulb....... simple as that :-)

Comment

dont forget this! when changing the steering wheel unhook the battery! i know you see this on everything you install in a car, but if the airbag happen to go off at the wrong time while youre working on it, it could snap your neck... take the extra 2 min and unhook it....

Comment

I asked and thought about this before but never really got into it.

Switching from the base steering wheel without radio controls to one with controls. how is the wiring? anyone have advise on this?
            1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
            1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
            1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
            2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by truekoa View Post
              I asked and thought about this before but never really got into it.

Switching from the base steering wheel without radio controls to one with controls. how is the wiring? anyone have advise on this?
              You'll need to swap in a new clockspring (SIR coil) and possibly rewire the harness underneath the dash, along with swapping to a wheel with radio controls. Start a new thread on this and I can give more detailed explanation. Best to keep threads on track.
              '99 Camaro
              '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
              '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by pace2006 View Post
                You'll need to swap in a new clockspring (SIR coil) and possibly rewire the harness underneath the dash, along with swapping to a wheel with radio controls. Start a new thread on this and I can give more detailed explanation. Best to keep threads on track.

ah sry. this was my old thread here. http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...steering+wheel
                1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
                1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
                1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
                2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by truekoa View Post
                  ah sry. this was my old thread here. http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...steering+wheel
                  Ah. Missed that. I'll reply in there.
                  '99 Camaro
                  '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                  '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X