New Drag Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Drag Wheels

Old wheels....... OR should I call them everyday wheels?

New Drag Wheels

Last edited by bigbrian442; 09-17-2011, 10:23 PM.
    sigpic

Re: New Drag Wheels

Looks good, real good. How much did those bad boys cost?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
      Looks good, real good. How much did those bad boys cost?
      Street Lite's by Billet Specialties 15 X 10 F body wheels were on sale at Summit for $304 each and the 15 X 3 1/2 were $206 each.
      They were back ordered for about 6 weeks as the 15 X 10 are a F body specific wheel that clears the 98 up rear brakes. They make a standard 15 X 10 that is about $250 each if you have rear drum brakes.

Mickey Thompson ET Street Drag Radial 275/50/15 $182 each.

McGaurd lugs were another $96 and spacers for the front wheels to fit without grinding away half the caliper were another $60.

The front tires were $150 for the pair with shipping off ebay.

With shipping charges it was just under $1800.

And that is with out mounting and balancing.

They are 56 pounds lighter then the 275/40/17's on 17 X 9 1/2 C5 rims........ and dead hook.
      sigpic

Comment

i was gonna say y did u throw those wheels on a V6. But i saw the LS1 pic. Those wheels r awesome and they require no grinding of the calipers to fit which is a plus. I had to grind some of my rear calipers to fit my Summit Stars

87 Firebird RIP
        96 Camaro RS RIP
        94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
        02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

The LS is still on the engine stand, so they are on a V6 car till this fall.
          sigpic

Comment

damn they look good...you must feel a difference with them on the road to...57lbs lighter makes a HUGE difference...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
            1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Huge does not begin to describe the difference. I'm thinking of buying the 17 X 9 1/2 version of these rims for the 275/40/17's and axing the C5 wheels. I'd bet it's close to half a second if not more.
              sigpic

Comment

looks good. thats not a bad price for all 4 plus tires/etc.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                Or this

Comment

I can't believe they're that much lighter. Expensive but sounds worth it.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Nice setup, I know just my front Prostars are 40lbs less than my DD wheels(ZR1's).
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

damn...do you daily drive the car still? How will those rims hold up to pot holes? That is my main concern if/when I go with a race rim like that...I think they will bend too easy on the street, and I personally do ALOT of driving...

Comment

Front are 19 pounds lighter each, rear are 9 pounds lighter each.

It's never been a daily driver unless my beater and truck are both broken at the same time.

You do need to watch the pot holes. I've had many cars in the past with 3 1/2" wheels on the front Centerlines, Welds....you need to remember they are on there and you'll be OK.

The C5 wheels will be on it unless I'm going to the track anyway as I like to scare people going down canyon type roads.
                        sigpic

Comment

hahah...ya, see for me over here there are some potholes that are just unavoidable...I can think of atleast a few I hit every year and cuss about...

That's sweet though, let us know the results at the track...Before you get the LS motor in there...

Comment

very husky
                            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                              damn...do you daily drive the car still? How will those rims hold up to pot holes? That is my main concern if/when I go with a race rim like that...I think they will bend too easy on the street, and I personally do ALOT of driving...
                              I daily drive my car..nearly 60 miles a day...greg welds on front 15x3.5 pro stars out back 15x8. have driven this way with weld draglites also for the majority...last 4 years or so...

by the way for the OP....nice wheels. likin the billet specialties. especially with that color car. really sets it off

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X