Window Hatch and Stabilizers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Hatch and Stabilizers

Has anyone every had the black liner that goes around the back window start to pop off? It has completely came off the top part of my back window so I pulled it off. It was also starting to come off at the "mid-bottom" of my window. I've tried pushing it back down into place, but it comes back off in a matter of a few days.
    My question is if this has happened to anyone, what is a good glue or way to repair this liner to keep it in place?

My second question is about my driver side window stabilizers. There are two metal pieces with soft black felt attached that hold the window in place and stop it from rattling. One of mine broke off and causes my window to rattle and smack around when I shut my door. I havn't been able to find one for sale so I was wondering if anyone has ever made their own stabilizer, and if they did what did they use to make it?

Sorry for the long post, thanks for any input!

Re: Window Hatch and Stabilizers

Mines starting to in the corners, I think I'm just going to use som GM black RTV in the caulking tube. They probably make new ones but I haven't searched for one.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

mine popped out a long time ago... I could pop it back in but it never seemed to seat completely and it always popped back out after a few times shutting the door. Eventually I was able to pop it completely back into place while I had the door panel off and it never came back out

^^The passenger side door btw
      Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
      Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

I see, I suppose I will try some of the caulking, because my hatch looks very odd without the trim.

As for my window stabilizer, the actual stabilizer broke and the metal part that held the felt separated. I was trying to find some type of make shift object to fill the spot. I'm sure no one has attempted that though..

Thanks for the input!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X