Camaro w/ z06 rims Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Camaro w/ z06 rims Pics

thats a great link bigair...I drive an '01 in black.

Comment

not sure if that was sarcastic or not :poke: but yeah it didn't really help you narrow it down any..in MY opinion, black goes with chrome, totally black, or black with a polished lip

Comment

Originally posted by 2000camaroRS View Post
        thats a great link bigair...I drive an '01 in black.
        sounds like ur getting chrome :banana:

Comment

yea i'm goin chrome c5 z06 - 18"x9.5" all around. Just still not sure what size tires and amt to lower the car (if any)

Comment

^nice.... idk if u know or not, but 18" will slow u down some

Comment

yea i realize that, but is it really noticable or not so much? does anyone have any recommendations for the tires i should throw on them? and if lowering it is gonna b an issue...i live in NYC and the roads aren't exactly great over here.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000camaroRS View Post
                yea i'm goin chrome c5 z06 - 18"x9.5" all around. Just still not sure what size tires and amt to lower the car (if any)
                for reference, mine are 17x9.5 and my car is lowered 1.5", looks perfect.

with 18's you may lose a hair of performance, so keep that in mind, but you should be fine with stock ride height or if you do lower it, keep it around 1" drop. for 9.5 wide rims, 275 tires work great, i'd recommend somewhere along the lines of 275/30/18 - 275/40/18 for your tire setup
                pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

also as far as lowering is concerned, make sure you either have another vehicle to drive practically or are willing to learn to redrive your car without scraping on slanted driveways and entries, speedbumps, and inclement road conditions. i'm about to buy a suv just to have something i dont have to baby everywhere i drive....

the drop turned out fantastic, but the car is quite impractical sometimes, there are even roads i cant drive on for fear of scraping bumps and bridges---and i've went through multiple sets of license plates by getting it knocked off the front when i had it tied onto the lower part of my grille. be aware of that.
                  pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BallerMaro13 View Post
                    i'd recommend somewhere along the lines of 275/30/18 - 275/40/18 for your tire setup
                    I'm running 275/40/17 front and 275/35/18 back. The 275/35/18 is as close to stock size as possible, and that's a necessary thing to do considering your speedo will be off if the tires are different sizes, and if the back to front ratio isn't the same, traction control and ABS won't be working correctly when you get up to speed. So stick with those sizes if you are going with 275s.

Originally posted by BallerMaro13 View Post
                    also as far as lowering is concerned, make sure you either have another vehicle to drive practically or are willing to learn to redrive your car without scraping on slanted driveways and entries, speedbumps, and inclement road conditions.
                    I found that after lowering my car (Hotchkis, advertised 1") that I actually scrape LESS. That's because the springs are stiffer and can handle the car more easily. Now my stock springs were sagging, but the car definitely got lower. I used to scrape all the time, and since the drop I've scraped maybe twice. Now that's not to say I don't pay attention and take drives at 45* angles and such, but I found the lowering to actually be more practical than stock springs.
                    sigpic
                    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
                      I found that after lowering my car (Hotchkis, advertised 1") that I actually scrape LESS. That's because the springs are stiffer and can handle the car more easily. Now my stock springs were sagging, but the car definitely got lower. I used to scrape all the time, and since the drop I've scraped maybe twice. Now that's not to say I don't pay attention and take drives at 45* angles and such, but I found the lowering to actually be more practical than stock springs.
                      i wish i could say that lol. my drop was pretty low even for eibachs (it's close to 2", definitely more than 1.5") and i've also got a full 3" exhaust tucked up under there with a 3.5" outlet on my cutout---plenty to scrape on. usually, it's the front end air dam and nose that are in the most danger, but compared to stock, she's sittin' low 'n pretty.

sigpic

Comment

I'm purchasing the suspension kit that you notified me of earlier today... in addition to that, if i got some shocks, what would i need to complete the suspension overhaul?

and i may not lower the car at all, based on how it looks when i get the wheels mounted and stuff...but it seems as if 1" would be the max i'd go.

Comment

I'd definitely recommend Hotchkis springs for performance and looks and ride quality. Progressive rate is the way to go. KYB AGX is the cheaper way to get a good quality shock that works with a lowered car, because it's adjustable. Most shocks will wear out faster with more than a 1 inch drop.

You can do lower control arms, panhard bar, sway bars, sub frame connectors, shock tower brace, and even upper/lower a-arms, and torque arms. You really should draw the line somewhere, but it depends what you want with the car. SFCs are recommended for even stock cars not looking for performance gains.
                          sigpic
                          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

does anyone, who has experience ordering suspension parts from any given website, know about how long it should take to recieve ordered parts? does anyone have any recommendations for online or in person ordering of such components?

i'm getting KYB adjustable shocks with Hotchkis springs (1" lower than stock) to go with my chrome 18"x9.5" c5 zo6 wheels. i'm thinking this system should work well.

Suggestions appreciated.

Comment

depending on the site, expect about a week or so...but some are faster. i got a good amount of stuff from lmperformance.com and it took about that long---but i usually like to order via phone, or order online at jegs.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah... i ordered my springs from lmperformance and then started to worry b/c i'm in a bit of a rush. Is there anyway to expedite delivery of these things?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X