Help with dent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with dent

I have this dent on my maro that was there when i bought it and its never really bothered me untill now. Its not big, its not deep but its noticable. Its on the passenger side to the right above the wheel well. If you take the speaker out you can feel it which makes it real easy to pop out. The only reason i havent is because i dont want the paint to chip or crack, so i was wondering if maybe i took a heat gun a heated it up a litte just to where the paint would flex with the dent so it wouldnt chip or crack or whatever. Any suggestions/thoughts would be great. Below are pics.
    Thanks guys.

3M MAFIA
    ________
    | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
    Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
    sigpic

Re: Help with dent

Might just have a shop do it for like $60 with a dent poper or something.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Paintless Dent Repair. Take it to a shop that can do this and it shouldn't cost too much. When my car was in the shop to have the quarter panel repaired, they had a guy stop by and pulled any he could find on the car for $100. Although somehow that bill was covered by the shop.
      '99 Camaro
      '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
      '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

ya i never thought about the paintless dent repair, ill look into that.
        3M MAFIA
        ________
        | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
        Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          might just have a shop do it for like $60 with a dent poper or something.
          +1...

Comment

Actually, my dad's car got hit by a golf ball and I sat in the garage and watched the guy do the whole paintless dent repair thing.

He does in fact take a heat gun to the paint to help it from chipping. Then he rubs it from the inside with a sort of crowbar with a rubber end on it, then taps the outside with what looked like a plastic hammer and a copper or whatever soft metal that was.. He did this over and over again then did a light sand job, used some rubbing compound and a buffer. You absolutely cannot tell it was ever touched by anything. I'm gonna try it on my car because I have the same dent.. dents..... blah.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

A guy did my father-in-laws truck for $20 got a nice size dent out. if it is done quickly enough the paint won't crack on it.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X