Manual to power windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual to power windows

I have done lots of searching and havent had much luck. Does anyone know i i need for the conversion. Also how about the wiring. Anything info would be helpful. thanks

Re: Manual to power windows

i would also like this info along with part #'s and pricing
    sigpic

Comment

Keep ur manual windows. Power windows r a pita.

87 Firebird RIP
      96 Camaro RS RIP
      94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
      02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

^ He's right. When i got my car last summer i had to replace the driver side motor + regulator, and now this summer i had to replace the passenger side. Both times were the first it has happened and it's only an '02.

Really wish i had manual windows... plus they go soooooooooo slow. :tdown:

Comment

Power windows are nice, but GM had designed the 4th gen f-body's with very underpowered window motors. Even aftermarket motors don't have the ability to lift that big-arse window for anymore than a year or so, then they slowly begin to fizzle out.

My sergeant has had 2 driver's side motors and 1 passenger side motor replaced already in his 99 T/A within the past 6 years, and the passenger window motor is beginning to go ...again! They literally B-L-O-W!! He's even asked me about changing to manual windows. :rolleyes:
          sigpic

Comment

I know that it's a pain in the a** but it's my girls daily driver and she won't stop b****ing on how she hates rolling down the windows. That's the only reason I am considering doing this swap other than that I would always keep the windows up and ac on cuz it's to damn hot down I Miami

Comment

She *****es now wait til the motors go on them. She'll ***** more.

87 Firebird RIP
              96 Camaro RS RIP
              02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by blacky0425 View Post
                I know that it's a pain in the a** but it's my girls daily driver and she won't stop b****ing on how she hates rolling down the windows. That's the only reason I am considering doing this swap other than that I would always keep the windows up and ac on cuz it's to damn hot down I Miami
                Damn, if she hates doing that little bit of work now...you're in for some real fun if you decide to keep her aorund for a while!
                sigpic

Comment

I think it'd be easier to swap doors in with power windows already built in. I'm not sure though. I know it is an absolute PITA. And yeah, fbody window motors aren't that great. I have had my SS for a year and a half and already have done the driverside motor. Had to both on my v6. But if you're still willing to pursue it, I'd say that IIRC, swapping doors is what someone once told me, but again, I could be wrong.
                  #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

they just really arnt worth swapping over. I had all power in my RS and then when i bought my 1LE i had no options whats so ever. I wouldnt have it any other way. The only time my windows wont work is if i broke my arm.

87 Firebird RIP
                    96 Camaro RS RIP
                    02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

well my reasoning is to put the TA door panels on to tell you the truth. they look so much cleaner and would provide clearance for my speakers that the manual panels do not provide. also it would be easier to roll up and down windows in case of po-po due to tint lol
                      sigpic

Comment

just keep the manual ones and let her complain. think she's pissed now, wait until the day they go out and its raining and she gets soaked because the damn thing wont go back up.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                        Or this

Comment

I have power windows and I hate them with a passion. They don't even roll up or down:rant: I have to replace both of the damn window motors and regulators.:eek:

Id say though depending on the year of your vehicle like you could get all the stuff from a donor of the same year (Except with power windows) and transplant everything including the door pannels and such.

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
                          just keep the manual ones and let her complain. think she's pissed now, wait until the day they go out and its raining and she gets soaked because the damn thing wont go back up.
                          YUP So f*ing true! Thats why I normally use the T-Top's and leave the windows up.

Comment

Here's a kit for ya http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ELI-GM70-K/
                            White 1998 Firebird M5, Suncoast WS6 hood, Chrome 18\" C5\'s, beaver tail wing, 2 15\" Kicker Comp VR\'s, ect.

Comment

i have a hatred for power windows like no other...keep manuals...
                              Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X