nice day & turtlewax ice polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice day & turtlewax ice polish

Finally got some really nice weather, so I cleaned up the 'maro and bought some of the turtlewax ice polish I've been hearing about. I gotta say, it turned out great, looks like the car is made out of glass in person!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

and some updated pics with the newly niteshaded corners, sides, and 3rd brake:
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

i highly recommend a bottle of turtlewax ice and some niteshades for anybody looking for a touch up
    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
    gone in body, but not in spirit

Re: nice day & turtlewax ice polish

and just bc i thought it looked kinda evil pulling into the garage :cool:

[IMG][/IMG]

enjoy!
    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic

Comment

your ride is lookin damn good there

Comment

holy effing cricky! baller, you just made me wanna clay and wax my car! unfortunately, i don't have enough time before i leave again :mad:

maro looks absolutely amazing. :tup: and boy do i love those rims.

Comment

looks great!

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Nice! I may have to try that turtlewax ice polish.

Comment

wow....drop dead gorgeous looking camaro! is taht turtlewax ice polish the Ice Wax in the blue and clear bottle? i think i have some haha and i wanna try it now, seriously tho wow it looks great!
              Robby
              2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 V6

|JET Chip|Flowmaster American Thunder|K&N Intake|BMR STB|Spohn Rear Sway Bar|

http://speed-bros.com/
              sigpic

Comment

i saw an infomercial for that at like 3 in the morning once and i have been dying to try it ever since, i think i will go get some tomorrow morning.

Comment

take that side molding off for the love of god
                  WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Looks good, I have a black camaro and it gets dirty so easily and often, I don't wax much

Comment

Thanks for the compliments everyone, it took some extra elbow grease and sweating out in the middle of the day, but the results were worth it :tup:

Originally posted by RPDRed6 View Post
                      wow....drop dead gorgeous looking camaro! is taht turtlewax ice polish the Ice Wax in the blue and clear bottle? i think i have some haha and i wanna try it now, seriously tho wow it looks great!
                      Thanks man, yeah, that's the stuff. it's a lil expensive as far as polish goes but it really was worth the extra bucks for how it looks. my camera couldn't do it justice for how much shine the car has in person. definitely try it!

Originally posted by savagecamaro96 View Post
                      i saw an infomercial for that at like 3 in the morning once and i have been dying to try it ever since, i think i will go get some tomorrow morning.
                      what are you waiting for?! haha

Originally posted by kristen View Post
                      take that side molding off for the love of god
                      why bother? it's not faded or damaged---so it stays. but the second it starts looking rough i'll take it off just for you lol. deal?

Originally posted by PalmHarbor View Post
                      Looks good, I have a black camaro and it gets dirty so easily and often, I don't wax much
                      i hear ya, but it's worth the extra time to keep it clean. believe it or not, the burgundy shows every little speck and i clean it constantly, and my white ls1 hardly shows half the dirt. ppl approach me all the time when i'm out "rubbing on the car" as they say, and end up talking with me for a while about her lol. just part of the deal i guess.

sigpic

Comment

so are your markers clear coat shiny or are they SHINY? haha i hope you know the difference..basically have you done anything to the niteshaded things except that and the clear coat spray

Comment

no i haven't touched them up after the clear coat, but i am looking for the best way to get them to that "slick as glass" look. got any hints?

sigpic

Comment

nope, i was looking to you for those. but i'm gonna search around ls1tech and if i find anything i'll let you know

Comment

baller i have an answer, what i did:

1. wet sand with 1500 grit paper until totally smooth. i'd try 2000 first, just to make sure not to overdo it.
                              2. polish the heck out of them.
                              3. wax and buff out.
                              4. marvel at how shiny they now are. :D

before:

after:

now yeah, it doesn't look super shiny in the picture, but i can assure you it does in person. and those are totally blacked out. they look orange just cause of how the light caught it.

but i think ima take all the niteshade off and take the DOT numbers off too. for some reason i didn't do that the first time. stupid me.

still looks awesome!
                              Last edited by bigairboarder44; 06-30-2009, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X