• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• too big??

hey guys i was wondering if these are to big for my 2000 bird
    http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand

Re: too big??

whoa..20s on an f-body? i hardly hear about 19s. but i think you'd have to beat the piss out of the fenders..that is if they will even fit..if i remember, i don't think they will. i'd just recommend doing either 17s all the way around or 17/18 staggered like schlotzky's..that's just my two cents though

Comment

good looking rims tho, ive got american racing rebels on mine and their 17s, its a good size tho
      Robby
      2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 V6

|JET Chip|Flowmaster American Thunder|K&N Intake|BMR STB|Spohn Rear Sway Bar|

http://speed-bros.com/
      sigpic

Comment

holy crap those are some nice wheels, i was looking into tt2 for mines but these rims just shattered my universe hahahaha i would prob go 18

Comment

if i've said it once, i've said it a thousand times...save the dubs for an escalade man.

18's are plenty big on a f-body, and if you plan on lowering, 17's look great too.
          pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
          gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

20s are gonna be hard to pull off. Looks and getting them to fit. Idk about the rivets...kind of like a truck tire.

Comment

here is a fast lesson for you.....never go over a 18 with an f body:slap:
              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

i think im gunna go with a smaller size, thanks guys

Comment

20's and up =

sigpic

Comment

I don't think they're bad ov v6 models, although on 8 cylinders its kinda dumb because they slow you down. But it shouldn't matter on a v6 fbody. Also, I think the camaros can pull them off better than a bird, but thats a personal opinion. The wheel HAS to be tasteful to even work. I wouldn't go over 18 on my SS, but on my v6 I got these and they required absolutely NO modifications to fit, so the people that said that they won't fit are incorrect. As for people and their opinions about them, well everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but they DO fit with the right tires. Here is a pic of my v6 with 20's front and rear. As whitdog said though, they are hard to pull off but I think personally I pulled them off on mine...

And as for that gold grill, lol it doesn't even look real. Reminds me of being a kid and coloring outside the lines...:D
                    Last edited by unvmyrs; 07-03-2009, 10:36 AM.
                    #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

I've seen very VERY few cars pull off 19s. I remember ONE car that was a show car on bags that actually seemed to pull of 20s decently. Other than that, no bigger than 18s.
                      sigpic
                      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

im looking for rims that llok nice on a bird but i cant find any, any ideas??

Comment

Originally posted by DaBird19 View Post
                          i think im gunna go with a smaller size, thanks guys
                          glad to hear it:tup:

Comment

as for rims that will look nice on a bird go with the ar tt2's

and as for 20's...heres a shot of my buddys old camaro that sat on 20's
                            sigpic

Comment

I personally think 20s are wayyy to big for an f-body and look stupid as hell, the biggest I would go would be 18s, but I mean its your car man, if you want go for it.
                              3M MAFIA
                              ________
                              | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
                              Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
                              sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X