too big??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: too big??

do you guys think c6 wheels 17's are nice??

Comment

I'm going with either c6 or c6 z06 rims on mine.

Comment

Originally posted by unvmyrs View Post
        I don't think they're bad ov v6 models, although on 8 cylinders its kinda dumb because they slow you down. But it shouldn't matter on a v6 fbody. Also, I think the camaros can pull them off better than a bird, but thats a personal opinion. The wheel HAS to be tasteful to even work. I wouldn't go over 18 on my SS, but on my v6 I got these and they required absolutely NO modifications to fit, so the people that said that they won't fit are incorrect. As for people and their opinions about them, well everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but they DO fit with the right tires. Here is a pic of my v6 with 20's front and rear. As whitdog said though, they are hard to pull off but I think personally I pulled them off on mine...

And as for that gold grill, lol it doesn't even look real. Reminds me of being a kid and coloring outside the lines...
        How can that be true... your saying it will slow down a V8 (which has more power to turn the wheels) but on a V6... perfectly the same as before

Comment

vette wheels look good. if you can find them firehawk wheels look good too. if nothing else ws6 wheels look good.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
          Or this

Comment

Originally posted by Fbodytrinity View Post
            How can that be true... your saying it will slow down a V8 (which has more power to turn the wheels) but on a V6... perfectly the same as before
            I think what he's getting at is that it doesn't matter much on a v6 because they are not fast to begin with. The logical explanation though is that the v8 has the extra power to spare, whereas the V6 might not. I don't find either very applicable, as I feel either model has a little power to spare, and I really didn't feel any power loss going to the 17/18 setup on mine.
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by DaBird19 View Post
              do you guys think c6 wheels 17's are nice??
              absolutely. get some and join team C6V6 :cool:
              pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
              gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Originally posted by enzia35 View Post
                I'm going with either c6 or c6 z06 rims on mine.
                excellent choice!
                pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

My favorite F-body wheels are the WS-6 speedlines
                  *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

i had a chance to pick some up about a month ago but forgot about it and dude sold them :( my buddy has a pair on his maro and he only paid 150 bucks for them.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                    Or this

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-Ch...Q5fAccessories
                      Are these good?? i dont wanna buy somn and not have them fit right.

Comment

Here.. I'll help you out on that.. I have the hyperblack versions. Here is a link to the chrome ones. http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Camaro-Wh...02116-2-1.html

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
                          I think what he's getting at is that it doesn't matter much on a v6 because they are not fast to begin with. The logical explanation though is that the v8 has the extra power to spare, whereas the V6 might not. I don't find either very applicable, as I feel either model has a little power to spare, and I really didn't feel any power loss going to the 17/18 setup on mine.
                          Exactly. My point was more of an opinion, not science. I meant, more-or-less, that most people with a v6 don't care about speed, because if they did, they would have bought a v8. So therefore, if he has a v6, the little bit of performance he may have lost getting 20 inch wheels wouldn't have been noticeable. Thats all. I personally didn't see any loss in performance, because my car was already slow. But the only performance mod it had was exhaust, and a kandn filter, which those really don't speed the car up. I think 20's can be pulled off, they just have to be the right ones, and all I got was compliments on mine. But on my SS? I wouldn't go over 18" because I wanted it for performance, not a cruiser.
                          #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

20" rims on f body = ghetto cruiser IMHO.
                            I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                            CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                            FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X