New Paint Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Paint Job

Hey whats up everyone? I just got back to Texas from a trip to California so that my brother in law could paint my car. I did all the sanding by hand on the car and he painted it and put the stripes on. here are some before, during and after pics.

Here is what it looked like.

During. I had to take the bumpers off to sand and have them painted.

Re: New Paint Job

here it is on the trailer to get it to the painting booth.

And here it is all done

I will get some better pics later with a better camera. but for now enjoy later

Comment

paint looks decent. WOULD look much better with some different rims. (too much black.) you want rims to SET off the car. not add on to the mayhem of black.

looks good though

also. get some wider tires. (itll stance the car differently and give it that aggressive look)

Comment

I'm gonna be straight with you right now... I think it looked much better in the before shots.

The stripes seem to come out of nowhere; they should at least carry on to the front bumper. Do they carry to the spoiler? And the side stripes...I don't know where you go the idea, but they don't go with the lines of the car, and therefore look very out of place.

A for effort, and I'm sure the new paint looks all shiny and great in person, but you could really do some things to make everything flow better.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Not bad...but my opinion is:

-Finish the stripes going down the nose
          -paint the mirrors & roof piece white
          -get rid of the side stripes, but keep the black berger panel
          -and please upgrade your rims :eek:
          sigpic

Comment

Did they use clear coat on it or is it just a base coat? It might just be the picture but there is no shine from it. Also like said stripes its your car so if you like it go for it, rims I would go Chrome ZR1's are nice.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Man I hate it for you that nobody likes it but, i have to agree it looks like you tryed to hard with the diffrent number of things that you have going on it just doesnt flow very well:(

Comment

Looks great man! Congrats!

Continue down the bumper and shes one hot ride!
                sigpic
                98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

I'm not hating it, just not my style but, all that matters is if the OP likes it. I do alot to mine and aslong as me and my wife(LOL) like it then that all that matters. So he can do what he wants with it. I'm sure everybody who has a Camaro will have different opinions about every Camaro they see.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

The "Yenko" inspired stripe does not look bad...shoulda carried it forward a little more.... and unfortunately...I agree with different rims...(black rims aren't for me though)

Comment

Where at in Calif and what's the name of his shop?

It looks good it's just that the quality of the camera is not good.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

I think the stripes are "coming out of the berger panel" I fon't think they'd look half bad IF they continued and turned into hockey stripes up front, then it'd at least flow with the body. Also, as everyone else said, finish the stripes going to the front bumper, and if you can't afford rims, you could polish the lip of those and make them look better. But either way congrats. Hope you decide to finish it up.
                        #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

im also voting for finishing the stripes down the front bumper
                          sigpic

Comment

Sorry man, I don't like it... At all

Looked much better before, The stripes, and mirrors ruin it for me.

But as long as you like it thats all that matters.
                            *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Well thanks for the responses everyone. I still like it and enjoy looking at the new paint job. I feel that it is now really one of a kind. I will try and get some more pics up later during the week.

Originally posted by Mighty Thor View Post
                              Where at in Calif and what's the name of his shop?

It looks good it's just that the quality of the camera is not good.
                              He lives in Ontario and I sanded and preped the car at his house. He painted the car at a friends painting booth in Claremont. My brother in law is a auto shop teacher but he doesnt have his own shop yet. Later

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X