Anyone ever put 98-02 z28 wheels on a 94? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever put 98-02 z28 wheels on a 94?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever put 98-02 z28 wheels on a 94?

Hi guys,

I bought a set of 98-02 factory Z28 16x8 wheels for my 94 Camaro. I tried to put them on today but when I screwed them on it didnt look like if they fit well. It looks like if I drive my car the wheels are going to fly off!:omg: Is there anything that I could do to make them fit properly???

Re: Anyone ever put 98-02 z28 wheels on a 94?

hmm i dont see why they wouldent fit.........pics?
    3M MAFIA
    ________
    | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
    Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
    sigpic

Comment

im to lazy to explain it, so ill just copy and paste from shobox.com

Late model 1998 and up axles used a smaller hub center on the rear axles. Therefore the wheels were made with a smaller hub opening on the back. When you try to swap these wheels onto an earlier model 4th gen, the center of the wheel won't fit over the rear axle hub.
      The back side of the hub area on the wheel has to be relieved a small amount to allow it to slip on. You can dry fit the wheel to "mark" where the interference is, then you will be able to see the area that needs attention. Use a Dremel, sandpaper or even a half-round file to take of the little bit that is required. It does not have to be perfect, as the wheels are centered by the conical lug nuts, not the hub and that part of the wheel is never visible. Just relieve it enough to get the wheel on/off easily.

If you ever intend to rotate your tires, you will want to do this to all four wheels (The fronts will fit without any modification. There are no clearance issues with them). Don't ever try to force the wheel on with the lug nuts. You can strip lug studs and/or get the wheel stuck.
      thats why

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

ohhhh the hubs, my bad
        3M MAFIA
        ________
        | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
        Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah... except I had to grind down the hubs and wheels to fit on 3 of 4 corners, the one that fit was the right front hub, which I previously replaced with a hub off an 01. So I had to modify all wheels to fit rather than just the backs. Same deal though.
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I used a dremel (as it's said) on the 98+ rims I bought for my 96. It didn't take much grinding at all. I think I took off about 1mm all around the inside of the rims, and they slipped right on.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyman View Post
              I used a dremel (as it's said) on the 98+ rims I bought for my 96. It didn't take much grinding at all. I think I took off about 1mm all around the inside of the rims, and they slipped right on.
              X2 on the dremel, except I did the rear hubs.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
                im to lazy to explain it, so ill just copy and paste from shobox.com

thats why

Thanks for the information dude. I was able to fit them perfectly.:rock:

Comment

thats why im here ;)

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                  http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                  Or this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X