paint wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paint wheels?

hey, im kinda "cheap" and cant really afford to buy new wheels..but i am crafty and thought i could paint my wheels..i wanna paint them black and leave a silver ring on the outside..

what are the steps to a good paint job? :work:

Re: paint wheels?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2357346/3

Comment

thanks mate

Comment

Since I made that writeup, they have introduced so called wheel paints to the auto part store shelves. You can use them if you want, but I can't say how good they are as I don't have experience with them. I've also heard of using barbeque paint as it is supposed to be tougher. In any case, you'll be putting a clear coat over it, so it doesn't necessarily matter much if the base coat isn't very shiny.

If you do use wheel paint, still go over it with ENAMEL clear coat. Make sure your clear coat is enamel if nothing else.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

ok thanks..i look in to all of the paint...and will follow your steps..

Comment

one last question..

did you paint the inside of the wheel?

Comment

i didnt, but i guess you could

Comment

Nope; it gets so dirty in there in no time at all, that you wouldn't be able to tell either way. Plus with all the over spray through the spokes, your insides are going to be somewhat black anyway.
                sigpic
                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
                  Nope; it gets so dirty in there in no time at all, that you wouldn't be able to tell either way. Plus with all the over spray through the spokes, your insides are going to be somewhat black anyway.

sounds good..ill post pictures up soon or something.. when i get around to do it lol

Comment

Well, depending on the rims, i would or wouldn't paint the insides. If they are salad shooters, I wouldn't because you can't really see in there anyways... if they are 98-02 style, then I would just because the inside is more visible.
                    #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

I painted the rims on my old monte carlo black, and painted the inside silver and you couldnt see the inside at all, but painting the rims was the best choice i ever made about that car, other then selling it. heres an old picture

Comment

pretty sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by J3$$3 View Post
                          I painted the rims on my old monte carlo black, and painted the inside silver and you couldnt see the inside at all, but painting the rims was the best choice i ever made about that car, other then selling it. heres an old picture
                          That looks nice.

Since we are sharing pics. Here's what I did with my Fiero's wheels.

Before

After

It's not perfect, but it's 100x better that it was before. I plan on redoing them again in the future to make it look perfect or even better. Same color ofcourse. NOTE: the date on the pics is wrong. I did this early last year.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Thats a beautiful Fiero, I've always wanted one..... maybe future investment?

Comment

Painted wheels are a great alternative if you don't have the money.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X