HID low/high headlights on same time - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HID low/high headlights on same time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HID low/high headlights on same time

I removed my 6000K HID fog lights for my intercooler and extra flow so I had a extra set, I already had my low beams for 6000K HID and I noticed I could have all lights on at the same time if I wanted, so I went ahead and put the 6000K HID's in my high beam lights. It really brightens up everything at night, and I have them pointed down alot so it doesn't blind the on-coming drivers too much. My low beams were fine no one flashing me, but if they do they will get the highs too.LOL So what do you think?
    Attached Files
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Re: HID low/high headlights on same time

Very nice! Just don't be flashing your brights too much, as HIDs get the most wear when turning on and off. Flashing them and turning them off before they warm up and then back on again will put more wear on them and cause the life span to be reduced. If you're like most people and really only use the brights on occasion though, you should be fine.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Looks good ssms... I haven't decided what headlight I'm going to use yet, but if I use my old ones, I'll definitely be doing this...
      Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
      Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Originally posted by T-Mill View Post
        Looks good ssms... I haven't decided what headlight I'm going to use yet, but if I use my old ones, I'll definitely be doing this...

Thanks , I just went up to checker with both of them on and I can see everything , no one even gave me any bright lights at me while driving. I just like the look of both headlights being on. There both the same lights and I have them point down more than stock so I think it is not blinding anyone. I don't have highs but these while both on are better than having high beams. I guess its just personally choice, I never used my high beams for anything in 13 years and I like it so much better now. I still have some clear headlight protectors I can install , I don't like my GTO Black Probeams (my wife does ) thats why i had them on for so long. But I think I might go with the clear which would dim the lights alittle, just something I'm thinking about, but I got to many other things to do until I start worrying about the covers. Thanks again.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

can u post a picture of it at night? looks sweet!
          Robby
          2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 V6

|JET Chip|Flowmaster American Thunder|K&N Intake|BMR STB|Spohn Rear Sway Bar|

http://speed-bros.com/
          sigpic

Comment

looks awesome.

are HIDs just plug and play? or do you have to hook them up. etc? ive seen them on ebay and read about them but no1 actually came out and say oh you need to do this and that.

could some1 clarify? thanks
            1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
            1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
            1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
            2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by truekoa View Post
              looks awesome.

are HIDs just plug and play? or do you have to hook them up. etc? ive seen them on ebay and read about them but no1 actually came out and say oh you need to do this and that.

could some1 clarify? thanks
              A full HID kit is true plug and play, but there is more to it than just a bulb. The ballast/ignitor plugs into your stock wiring harness, and the HID bulb plugs in to that. You cannot just buy HID bulbs and have them work in place of a halogen.
              sigpic
              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
              1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X