Differences in Body Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences in Body Style

Does anyone know if there is a difference for the rear hatch (entire piece) between the 93-97 and 98-02 body styles?

I have a 97 and the previous owner had replaced the hatch on it when he backed up into a garage door. Looking at the hatch, the curved piece under the spoiler appears to be about 1-2 inches longer than it should. All other angles on the hatch line up fine with the rest of the body.

See the picture for reference.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear Hatch.JPG
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	1541512

Just wondering if it appears that the hacth on my 97 was pulled from a 98-02 model.

Any thoughts?

Re: Differences in Body Style

I dont believe there is much of a difference, as far as it seems they only changed the front end.

Is there a similar gap issue at the top of the hatch, it probally is just a alignment problem.

Comment

I figured alignment as well, as the top of the hatch looks a little crooked compared to the roofline, but when you look at other areas on the hatch, it lines up just fine. Very strange issue...just wondering if it would be as simple as getting the right hatch for a 97.

Comment

the hatch might be warped... he may have bought it from a junkyard, and if it wasn't stored right and was sitting there long enough it could be a little crooked... Does it latch and unlatch okay?
        Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
        Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

there is no difference in hatches between the styles so thats a fitment issue or its warped like tmill said

Comment

the hatches are the same. like t-mill said it could be warped, or maybe the guy installed it in a rush or something.
            3M MAFIA
            ________
            | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
            Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
            sigpic

Comment

do you have any pics that arent so up close?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X