finally updated the look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally updated the look

finally i sucked it up and bought my paint & supplies to do my berger panel mod and switch in/niteshade my spare 95 tail lights. i plan to finish it off with a SS spoiler and i'm looking into a sequential taillight kit down the road. i love how it turned out but i know bergers are hit-or-miss, so let me know what you guys think:

sorry for the rough pics, it was dark when i finished so i'll take daytime shots later.
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

tail lights niteshaded
    [IMG][/IMG]

idle walk-around vid
    http://s552.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=DSCF0219.flv

all together it only took me about 3 hours start to finish including sanding/prepping the tail lights & berger, painting & niteshading, install, and cleanup---not a bad day's work. thanks to those who inspired/influenced me to give this a try, you know who you are guys.
    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
    gone in body, but not in spirit

Re: finally updated the look

lmao, yours compared to mine don't look dark. I niteshaded the **** out of my tails so much that I'm scared to brake in front of a cop. It's a catch 22.. However, I have been pulled over 2 times in the car and they never said anything about the tail lights at all. Just wondering why I don't have a front license plate.

I'm not a fan of the berger panel mod on any car but as far as those go, it looks fine. I like those lettering inserts. :tup:

I'm gonna assume you're taking pictures of it tomorrow in the day without a flash so I won't even request those. :D

TEAM C6V6

Comment

yessir, you assume correct lol.

the niteshade is pretty dark, but not blackout dark, so i'm happy with it. but finally i dont have to drive the 'maro everyday anymore bc i got my beater ('99 jeep grand cherokee) so i can afford to be more risky i suppose. i'm gonna niteshade the jeep's tails this weekend and i already have projector headlights on the way :D
      pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic

Comment

looks good, man... Those taillights are awesome!!!;)
        Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
        Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

lmao i was hoping you'd say that :D

sigpic

Comment

For me I would of glossed it black and then VHT'd the tail lights and sides and 3rd brake light. Your car looks good but I just like shiney stuff.LOL As long as you like it go with it.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by BallerMaro13 View Post
              yessir, you assume correct lol.

the niteshade is pretty dark, but not blackout dark, so i'm happy with it. but finally i dont have to drive the 'maro everyday anymore bc i got my beater ('99 jeep grand cherokee) so i can afford to be more risky i suppose. i'm gonna niteshade the jeep's tails this weekend and i already have projector headlights on the way :D
              !!!!! You got a beater finally!?!?! Now you have no excuse to turbo that sucker! hahaah, i'm gonna harass the **** out of you till you do. :D

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                For me I would of glossed it black and then VHT'd the tail lights and sides and 3rd brake light. Your car looks good but I just like shiney stuff.LOL As long as you like it go with it.
                the pics aren't really showing how it looks, so i'll get daytime clear ones up tomorrow hopefully if it's nice out. i have my corners, sides, 3rd brake, and the new (old) taillights all niteshaded pretty dark, it just didn't show with a camera flash of course. and the berger is actually a semi-gloss with a light gloss clear coat over it, so it shines just a little in person---which is what i was going for.

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
                !!!!! You got a beater finally!?!?! Now you have no excuse to turbo that sucker! hahaah, i'm gonna harass the **** out of you till you do. :D
                lol i was wondering if you'd catch that lil bit. yep, finally got one, so the plan is save save save ---> spend spend spend ---> power power power haha.

sigpic

Comment

I'll be living vicariously through you so start a build thread and keep us updated. I've never had more fun than when I was doing my build.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

ima wait for the daytime pictures but right now i'm not really a fan of the berger, however those inserts do look good. taillights look sick (i'm still on the fence about doing mine) and damn that idle sounds amazing.

Comment

[QUOTE=BallerMaro13;933530]the pics aren't really showing how it looks, so i'll get daytime clear ones up tomorrow hopefully if it's nice out. i have my corners, sides, 3rd brake, and the new (old) taillights all niteshaded pretty dark, it just didn't show with a camera flash of course. and the berger is actually a semi-gloss with a light gloss clear coat over it, so it shines just a little in person---which is what i was going for.

My bad , I had that done to mine too, with the dark not showing up becuase of the flash , yes daytime pics are the best , would def. like to see them. I have all the parts for mine, it is just taking along time to get them on. I'm waiting on a 14" metal bench cuttter for my pipes to get them tacked up for tig welding.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

lol i think it's safe to say daytime pics are hereby mandatory for the sake of this thread.

steve i'm getting anxious for your turbo build to get up and running, it's gonna be sick!

sigpic

Comment

Thanks, I hope so , I'm about finished with the 3 core radiator install but I'm thinking of mounting 2-10" 1500cfm fans (3000cfm total) on the intercooler to push air through to the radiator pull fans. I think it will help cool the intercooler and radiator with flow. I was thinking of using the fog light wires for the fans so I can turn them on/off with the fog light switch inside. Sorry for the high jack but what do you think?

Comment

Or you could get one of those fun intercooler spray kits. I forgot what it sprays though.. Co2 maybe.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

I'm going to move this to FI, sorry Baller for the thread jack.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X