Most durable car wax on the planet?? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most durable car wax on the planet??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most durable car wax on the planet??

Just curious on everyone's thoughts regarding this. Some say Collinite #845 (which I just got in the mail), some say NXT 2.0, Zaino, etc.

I'm looking for durability here, not shine quality. Also, this question is for the wax that will be going on my minivan, not my GTO. I only use Pinnacle Souveran on the goat.

I've done a search, but most of the threads are 5+ years old, and there are some new products on the market now.
    sigpic

Re: Most durable car wax on the planet??

I know Collinite 845 is considered the most durable. Collinite 476 is a double wax that they use on cars and boats as well. It stays on them for a long time.

There's a 3m wax which I forgot what number. It's also pretty durable. If I remember it can take on 3000 washes and still stick to the car.

They are not the shiniest thing though. Any reason why you want a durable one?

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

We use NuFinish wax on the plane. Only applied once a year and it holds up pretty well to bugs and dirty rain water in flight. Makes washing it a lot easier too. And that's on the original 30 year old leaded paint.

Worked pretty well on a friend's beater car too.
      '99 Camaro
      '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
      '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor View Post
        Any reason why you want a durable one?
        I wax my minivan only once a year.

I also have some friends that bring their car(s) to me and want me to polish them. Since "some of them" only wax their cars once per lifetime, I'd like to put something pretty durable on it.

I've also heard that paste wax is the best ...compared to liquid. Collinite #845 comes in a liquid type container, but it's more like a thick silicone-based wax that's hard to get out of the bottle!
        sigpic

Comment

Trans-X
          Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
          Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Nu Finish is a good product. Adam's Buttery Wax is another good product. Those are the only two sealants I use on my paint.

Comment

let me know how that new wax turns out for you....i've been looking for a new wax for the ss/sc and i know with the baby on the way my hours to detail my cars are gonna be numbered.

i also only use Pinnacle Souveran on the camaro. hot stuff.
              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Have you considered using some kind of sealant instead? I know Klasse is good, but expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
                  Have you considered using some kind of sealant instead? I know Klasse is good, but expensive.
                  Are sealants just as durable as synthetic wax's?
                  Correct me if I'm wrong, but Zaino is a sealant...right?

As for Klasse, I don't mind spending money as long as it'll hold up to road salt, snow/slush, multiple car washes during the winter, etc.
                  sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X