How does the Firebird front plate cover come off? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does the Firebird front plate cover come off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does the Firebird front plate cover come off?

Have to put a licence plate on the front of 'bird. It has a filler panel on there now. How does it come off?

Thanks!

Mark

Re: How does the Firebird front plate cover come off?

there are two phillips screws on the bottom of the filler plate in between the plate and the bumper. then just take the bottom out before the top cause there are tabs at the top that hold it onto the bumper.

Comment

Originally posted by bigairboarder44 View Post
      there are two phillips screws on the bottom of the filler plate in between the plate and the bumper. then just take the bottom out before the top cause there are tabs at the top that hold it onto the bumper.
      I thought they were phillips, but without my glasses, I just figured they were plugs because the screwdriver wouldn't fit. After reading your reply, I finally got my glasses and WOW! they are torks. Friggin torks.

Its on now.

Found the paint bar codes for the red base and clear coat top behind it. Put them in with the owners manual just in case some one else wants OEM documents.

Comment

wow, my bad man. mine were phillips, i guess someone replaced them? idk, but i sure wish i didn't have to have my plate up there, it (sort of) ruins the whole front.

Comment

Too bad NJ requires a front plate. I really don't see a need for it, seeing as when the police are interested in you, they are behind your car, not in front.

Comment

mine are torx.

im glad i live in alabama. everything is better here. I havent had a cat since 2007, and dont have a front plate either!
            Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X