What overhead consoles fit well?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What overhead consoles fit well?

Been commuting in the Firebird for a few days now. Yep, they are short on storage space. Need places to keep cell phone, wallet, Corp ID card, shades, etc. Glove box is not convenient, and the center console is full of CD's.

Did some searches here and found that a Blazer overhead was close, but apparently no one has actually installed one. Plus, the post was from 2004, and it didn't mention what year Blazer was the source for the console.

So what overhead consoles can be swapped in with little or no mods?

Anyone have any success?

I'm not bad at fabbing stuff up, but it takes time and I could use a console asap

Re: What overhead consoles fit well?

dude, it sounds like your shouldn't have even got the bird....you don't like anything about it.
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen View Post
      dude, it sounds like your shouldn't have even got the bird....you don't like anything about it.
      Oh, don't think that! I really like the bird. Just have to make some changes to support my lifestyle! (Remember, everything is about your "lifestyle" nowadays, don't adjust to anything, make everything adjust to you :D).

My 19 year old son drives me nuts when I let him drive it (he has a Chrysler Concord). I have to keep telling him "don't slow down for the turn, just take it!". First time he took a 90* turn at 50 mph, he nearly **** his pants, but couldn't stop talking about the handling afterward. Asked him "Beats the crap out of your buddy's Mustang, huh?" he had to agree.

I like the styling, but mostly the handling. I live in the country, so there are lots of fun roads to drive. My wife always wants to borrow it when she goes to see her friends or family. My 5 year old son says "Papi got a cool car.... like my Hotwheels Ferrari!". My 9 year old daughter asked "Can you keep this car until I can drive? (yes darling)". The whole family likes it. Go figure. :D

Comment

Maybe you could get a cd holder for your sunvisor freeing up the center console.

Comment

try one of those glove box organizers, its liek a mini shelf that fits in your glove box
          Robby
          2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 V6

|JET Chip|Flowmaster American Thunder|K&N Intake|BMR STB|Spohn Rear Sway Bar|

http://speed-bros.com/
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RPDRed6 View Post
            try one of those glove box organizers, its liek a mini shelf that fits in your glove box
            im planning on getting one of those it looks neat. think i saw it on afterthoughtsauto or something.

-I have my shades open and hanging on the rear view mirror
            -No cds i have a headunit with USB connection so I have all my music on a 8GB -flash drive
            -my cell phone is in the center cup holder
            -corp id badge is in my wallet(i scan my wallet to get in haha)

i guess i adjusted to the car instead
            1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
            1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
            1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
            2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X